Marina & the Diamonds (3 Viewers)

I is john, i thought you were so cool giving out about music about 48 hours ago, but cannot find the thread to rep you. however, you and bernie lomax can dj my bat mitzfah (cant find that thread either).

so is anyone remotely interested in the choice music awards anymore?? i'm listening to them now.

i cant find that thread either.

Oh I am, I've money on Valerie Francis.
Tell me when I've won, couldn't be arsed figuring out how to listen to it.
Thanks

So did I/we win?

Shit, guess that's a no then.

well it is her worst song

the orchestral version is the best version but you've obviously already made your mind up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

most reviews say Kate Bush, Lene Lovich, Kate Nash and yeah, Toyah. Which probably says more about the reviewers than anything else. I got into her because Mowgli's Road reminded me of Fiona Apple. Since we're never gonna get a new Fiona Apple album this century I had to find something....

Having heard the Shakira/Zeta Jones lyrics on Jonathan Woss I thought this song was a bit crap, but this version is much more interesting and funny. Plus anything with Gonzales on piano gets big dap from me.

well it is her worst song

the orchestral version is the best version but you've obviously already made your mind up

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

most reviews say Kate Bush, Lene Lovich, Kate Nash and yeah, Toyah. Which probably says more about the reviewers than anything else. I got into her because Mowgli's Road reminded me of Fiona Apple. Since we're never gonna get a new Fiona Apple album this century I had to find something....

orchestral or not, this song is a showcase of shite.

Hmmm
Those are pretty terrible lyrics. The song's a lot more palatable if you don't look at her stupid dick's head on the video though

now god forbid I should enter this thread again....

for what it's worth, she has stated several times that it's a song about herself,

"I'm saying: "This is who I was. Hollywood infected my brain and I really valued the wrong things in life, but I changed dramatically." "

I don't think it's just saying 'boo, america is bad' but is a (probably too obvious) critique of what people are like. Her lyrics tend to be very upfront and she can come off as quite arrogant sometimes (see also: "Girls"). I dunno though, I mean just because it's obvious doesn't mean it shouldn't be said, it's pop music so it's maybe supposed to be up front.

To be honest, I don't particularly like the song (I would say it's my second to least favourite on the album) and I feel like i'm apologising for it but she seemed to think it was a potential big hit so it was the lead single.

I is John antagonistic? I never noticed. I thought he was sound

please let this lie, kthx

So is this the acceptable face of pop music because it sounds kinda retro and a wee bit indie or what's the deal?

I'll take Ke$ha over this any day but great thread all the same, seems to be putting a bit of bite back into thumped and even brought stereobaby and a few others out of the woodwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back