Flag question (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
What do you think of this move. Our neighbour is hanging a Pride Flag, then another neighbour hung a Pride Flag too. The next day a third neighbour on the same row hung out the Irish Flag.
I'm scratching my head over this. I know the tri-colour has been stolen by anti-vaxxers and racists in the past. Or was there some Irish sporting event recently that I don't know about.

As some guy in some film said, "I've got a bad feeling about this".

Ireland played Greece in the eurovision of socceball heats on friday, and as we all know the greeks invented gayness

QED

What do you think of this move. Our neighbour is hanging a Pride Flag, then another neighbour hung a Pride Flag too. The next day a third neighbour on the same row hung out the Irish Flag.
I'm scratching my head over this. I know the tri-colour has been stolen by anti-vaxxers and racists in the past. Or was there some Irish sporting event recently that I don't know about.

Hang a heterosexual flag in response. If Wokseville will tolerate it.

Genuine response: One flag? I wouldn’t think anything of it right now.

I say that in light of my own experience: a few months ago I noticed that a row of tricolours were flapping in the breeze on the road across from my local shops. Bit ostentatious, that, even for Dundalk.

The tri-colour's always been slightly uneasy when waved outside gaffs. outside of sporting events and state funerals, the 'RA/republicanism kind of owned it.

Your neighbour's flag is defo a response to the Pride flags, I'd say

Lots of people feel like Pride Month is a bit much, others feel like it's "stuffed down our throats" kind of thing.

He might just be saying "That's your thing, this is mine"

They are probably all decent folks

This is more confusing than I first realised:

Fly them all maybe. I don't know.

My opinion would be pretty much thsame as DMP above.

Instead of flying a flag or putting a I Stand With Ukraine sign in your window, consider attending a community or residents association meeting

You will actually change the world, just by a very very tiny amount. But very likely more than with a flag.

To be clear, I'm not actually talking about adding a fourth fleg to the road. Just wanted thoughts on the appearance of this tri colour.
Besides I don't have a Metallica t shirt any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back