Marina & the Diamonds (2 Viewers)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Cinnamonboy, what do you think of the album then? You've been very quiet

(egg_ has given me the courage to start this thread)

I haven't listened to it yet. Being consistent with my musical habits during all the years of my existence I went off her slightly when she started to become popular. However, I'm slowly coming to accept that she's not mine and that it's silly to feel this way and I anticipate that I'll be ready to listen to her again soon.

Is it any good?

I agree with Dudley.and I've only heard the radio ad for her lp.

Why cant we have a thread where people just post albums they like and no one comments on it?

I think this is very bad music

could you be a little more specific?

Is it any good?

Yes. YES. Some of it is a bit hard at first as her lyrics are very direct and the track order is slightly jarring but I don't think there's a bad moment. Obviously you have to accept that it's pop music in the year 2010 or you're a lost cause.

The most contentious song so far lyrically, based on reviews and people's comments, appears to be the opener 'are you satisfied?'.

I've liked a bit of what I've heard. I can see/hear the Kate Bush comparisons but I read somewhere that she took over 250 takes to do one song right. Seems a tad obsessive and diva like.

I have a love hate relationship with Marina but I definitely wouldn't describe it as bad music.

in fairness she looks like Darling Buds Of May era CZJ

The acoustic version of the hit isn't bad although your wan's voice is a bit too stagey or something. Kinda head wrecking.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really like that track and Mowgli's road. There was a stream of the album on entertainment.ie last week.
i liked a few others on the album. But unfortunately a lot of them sounded like a mix between Toyah Wilcox and Nina Hagen. Not good.

To illustrate the horror ......

Oh my god, you look just like Shakira
No no, you’re Catherine Zeta
Actually, my name’s Marina

no thank you....

well it is her worst song

the orchestral version is the best version but you've obviously already made your mind up

I really like that track and Mowgli's road. There was a stream of the album on entertainment.ie last week.
i liked a few others on the album. But unfortunately a lot of them sounded like a mix between Toyah Wilcox and Nina Hagen. Not good.
most reviews say Kate Bush, Lene Lovich, Kate Nash and yeah, Toyah. Which probably says more about the reviewers than anything else. I got into her because Mowgli's Road reminded me of Fiona Apple. Since we're never gonna get a new Fiona Apple album this century I had to find something....

while we're at it here's a very stripped down version of I am not a robot featuring no crazy vocals tics

seriously though, after Sunset Rubdown, Frog Eyes and Xiu Xiu all vocals appear normal to me

while we're at it here's a very stripped down version of I am not a robot featuring no crazy vocals tics

Nice version. I Am Not a Robot is great. Germaine Greer sounded impressed.

But she wears the deadliest stuff on her lips and eyes in the regular video.. around 2:40

in fairness she looks like Darling Buds Of May era CZJ

The acoustic version of the hit isn't bad although your wan's voice is a bit too stagey or something. Kinda head wrecking.

That's shit. All that flirting with the camera shit, Fuck right off. It all reminds me of when Sideshow Bob Goes on TV to decry TV by writing a song about what a mess it is to puke american dreams you then get your song on every thrashy Expose style TV gossip mag and don't the fucking royalties come flowing right in, now roll your eyes pout at the camera and ask me hole.

No comparison to Fiona Apple who I still have a vague soft spot for.

well it is her worst song

the orchestral version is the best version but you've obviously already made your mind up

Jaysus, yeah that's better again. I like how Mickey Mouse is playing the piano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back