The Glastonbury Thread (1 Viewer)

chris d

Supporter
Go on then, fuck sakes I'll do it.

Arctic Monkeys. Ive always struggled with these lads. 1. They have always been younger than me and 2. Can't help but feel a big whiff of phoney baloney off them.

But on the other hand, they are at least from the north of England, and they have 2 amazing tunes. That they have already played.

Still I'm suspicious.

Foo Fighters earlier. Just a bit of a dung band since the second album. Wish Dave Grohl would cut his hair again. I reckon his vocals are as shot as Axl's but he gets away with it thanks to his persona of being a sound lad.

Go on then, fuck sakes I'll do it.

Arctic Monkeys. Ive always struggled with these lads. 1. They have always been younger than me and 2. Can't help but feel a big whiff of phoney baloney off them.

But on the other hand, they are at least from the north of England, and they have 2 amazing tunes. That they have already played.

Still I'm suspicious.

Foo Fighters earlier. Just a bit of a dung band since the second album. Wish Dave Grohl would cut his hair again. I reckon his vocals are as shot as Axl's but he gets away with it thanks to his persona of being a sound lad.
Is it this weekend?

how did anyone think Texas were worthy of the amount of coverage they got.
irrelevant light weight band who were never important.

The Guinean lad based in Wales that was in the studio part was alright.

Sparks let an actor come on stage to detract from their performance (I've seen the promo video and she is crap).
making and performing music requires skills on a level far above acting.

nothing else really stood out from the BBC coverage of day one.

Geez everyone is raving about Sparks. I'd love to have been there for that. Also Cate Blanchett is not meant to being any musical talent, she's just doing a silly dance. I don't understand what you mean there. Grand if you weren't impressed with the band though.

I'm listening to it on the radio only.
Annie Mac is Irish? Been listening to her for years and never noticed. Usually she has her psychotherapist radio presenter accent, but just now she's dropped that as she's having a good time.

I really should go once.

Geez everyone is raving about Sparks. I'd love to have been there for that. Also Cate Blanchett is not meant to being any musical talent, she's just doing a silly dance. I don't understand what you mean there. Grand if you weren't impressed with the band though.
If she wasn't famous she would not have been onstage. She was crap.
Fuck Hollywood celebrities.

Only saw two Sparks songs which were perfectly OK otherwise.

I thought she was quite good in that film about Veronica Guerin where she played Veronica Guerin.
Can think of the name of it. Notes on a scandal, I liked that one as well.

Well there's 63 stages like, you'd be weird to like all of it.

Watching it now. Not too crazy about anything I've seen in the last hour or so, except that zen motorist guy. I actually think I prefer the radio coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back