Marina & the Diamonds (1 Viewer)

I think she is great and she is a ride to boot.

Saw her last year down in the Heineken thing in Carlow. Very impressed.

She seems a little bit more credible to me than many other pop acts I have come across.

Why would somebody posting a thread about a musician they like have anything to do with the Lifestyle board or non-music threads?
People post about every kind of music under the sun on Thumped. Sure, its core constituency is, broadly-speaking, indie rock fans but when has this ever stopped people posting about folk or various ethnic musics or obscure dance sub-genres or, heaven help us, commercial pop?

Missing the point there entirely, which was that you have to expect people dismissing something such as commercial pop completely out of hand on a board such as this one and not have a hissy fit about it. You're certainly free to post whatever the fuck you want just as everyone else is free to dismiss it completely out of hand. You get me at all now?

Missing the point there entirely, which was that you have to expect people dismissing something such as commercial pop completely out of hand on a board such as this one and not have a hissy fit about it. You're certainly free to post whatever the fuck you want just as everyone else is free to dismiss it completely out of hand. You get me at all now?

Well then you weren't very clear at all and I'm not sure what your reference to the Lifestyle board had to do with your point.
I get you.

I've already admitted I overreacted, what else would you like?

But since they're free to dismiss it completely out of hand, i'm free to give out to them as I see please and you're free to say i'm overreacting and so on forever and ever amen

WE'RE ALL FREE.

That is a very, very hardline take on the pop music.

i generally take a hard line on music, but that's just me

I'm no fan of hers meself, but...

What are you on about?

see below - moose made a much better stab at it than me and in a briefer way too!!

So is this the acceptable face of pop music because it sounds kinda retro and a wee bit indie or what's the deal?

.|..|

I first came across her on 'the horn for' thread

(that's right you heard me)

I just assumed she would be a big hit with thumped and was surprised at the amount of people who dont like her. What next , people dissing Zooey Descahnel?

zooey is a goddess
:heart::heart::heart:
leigh

Everyone seems to think Hollywood is rubbish. I love it. Even the "Shakira, catherine zeta" bit. One of my singles of the year....and it's only march.

i heard this marina tune on the radio lastnight. i didnt know that you guys were 15 year old girls. her boobs are fantastic though. i like la roux, thats my melody fix most times.

Yeah isn't she kind of ..... eh...... ugly

Ugly?
Faith%20Paloma%20-%20Large10.jpg

I haven't actually seen any pictures of her except for the ones on her album cover and that one, maybe I've had the wool pulled over my eyes

paloma%20faith%20leopard%20print%20outfit%20bow-thumb-350x619-89871.jpg

paloma-faith.jpg

I have no idea what this girl looks like. How is her music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back