Heat (1 Viewer)

couldn't find the clip I wanted to find, but it doesn't matter. The action is the juice.

When I first watched this with her around she was very much "wtf". I tried to explain that in this movie, the "event" is a bank robbery. In our game, it's a gig or a festival or whatever the fuck. It's my job and I'm a big stupid man and this is how I look at things. This is how all the big stupid men look at things. It motivates the rest of the lads.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

where I am in inner Boggerland I'd guess it was about 27 degrees but unusually breezy on Monday 19-7-22.
the evening was dull, breezy and pleasant when I was walking - didn't even need a hat.

dull breezy and not particularly hot today (early 20s) just about T shirt weather outside tonight with the wind.
slept no problem the last two nights.

if I hadn't watched the news I'd be wondering what the fuss was about.

couldn't find the clip I wanted to find, but it doesn't matter. The action is the juice.

When I first watched this with her around she was very much "wtf". I tried to explain that in this movie, the "event" is a bank robbery. In our game, it's a gig or a festival or whatever the fuck. It's my job and I'm a big stupid man and this is how I look at things. This is how all the big stupid men look at things. It motivates the rest of the lads.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's nothing like working on something - especially something physical - in a team and getting shit done
That harmony, the camaraderie. I miss it.

I remember being on top of an 8' step ladder, another guy in front of me on another one and we're both lifting a piece of glass longer and heavier than both of us to put into someone's fancy conservatory, and the wind started gusting which turns it into a sail, and it's all either of us can do to hold on to this thing, both of us with our feet braced on the This Is Not A Step step on our respective step ladders, and both of our bodies fighting against this fucking godawful wind that could stop at any second and throw us the other way.
We didn't even speak.
Just fought it.
Then when it passed, laid that hunk of glass into where it still is to this day.

You don't get that on many jobs.
I understand how lads find it hard to fit in after coming back from the army or whatever.

There's nothing like working on something - especially something physical - in a team and getting shit done
That harmony, the camaraderie. I miss it.

I remember being on top of an 8' step ladder, another guy in front of me on another one and we're both lifting a piece of glass longer and heavier than both of us to put into someone's fancy conservatory, and the wind started gusting which turns it into a sail, and it's all either of us can do to hold on to this thing, both of us with our feet braced on the This Is Not A Step step on our respective step ladders, and both of our bodies fighting against this fucking godawful wind that could stop at any second and throw us the other way.
We didn't even speak.
Just fought it.
Then when it passed, laid that hunk of glass into where it still is to this day.

You don't get that on many jobs.
I understand how lads find it hard to fit in after coming back from the army or whatever.
I was once atop a badly loaded curtain sider, in heat like this. My two guys who I'll love forever were on the other end of the trailer. They were both sissy-ish dudes like me, but this is the life we chose.

The guys on the ground were a bit worried we might kill them. We were worried we might kill them. We were unloading teepees. If anything went wrong, someone would die. But I trusted them, and they trusted me. And none of us trusted anyone else. And if there was anyone else in our situation at that moment, they would've died.

"OK"
"OK"
"OK"
....."So this is how we're going to do it""
"Yeah, I know, we're good"

Here's the punchline kids:

"Are you ready?"

"Ready?" I said "I was born naked".

It fucking broke the tension in the room at least.

back to normal now, grey and overcast. Wearing a hoodie again. Pity we didn't get more sunshine is all

I'm afraid to leave the house right now. It was hothothot at ten o'clock this morning.

Went to Donabate beach yesterday (at 10am) to teach the kids about the seaside. Stuff like getting sand everywhere, eating sandwiches in 30 degrees, horrific jacks. Genuinely wonderful stuff, they loved it.

Pure car park wars by 1.30pm when we were leaving FYI.

Any beaches in ireland have showers to rinse off after you leave the sand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back