Dublin Racist Riots (6 Viewers)

Saw her AND Al Porter doing stand up on the same night in the International years ago. This is going to be hugely unpopular but they were actually both really funny.

Regarding the whole Joe Rogan thing. I don’t really have any time for the guy. Regarding @ann post saying that people will dismiss him without doing proper research into him, I can understand why people wouldn’t. People are already bombarded with information constantly. If you get a video clip of a guy complaining that being a white male is going to be outlawed in the future, or the one where him and his friends are boasting about making girls give them blowjobs to get higher up on a bill, you probably figure you’ve heard enough. And if you’re told his shows are 3 hours in length, that’s probably going to completely kill off your enthusiasm. So honestly can’t blame people on that score.

Having said that, I did check out 1 or 2 clips of Jordan Peterson because I know some people who seem to really respect him. Also checked out a few of those ‘Jordan Peterson owns a liberal/feminist ’ videos on YouTube. Pretty much everything the guy says is absolute fucking horseshit. And really easily disproved horseshit. What he has managed to do is tap into a market of entitled older people who feel that the world is turning against them, utilised their mistrust of mainstream media to create a captive audience who believe the world is being ruined by transsexuals, Greta Thurnberg, hunter biden etc. You’ll recognise if someone’s a fan of his because they’ll say things like “But no one’s talking about Hunter Biden/Tavistock….pick whatever topic” even though they’ll have been widely covered in mainstream outlets. But If your main source of information is coming from someone who fosters a feeling of mistrust in other outlets, you’re never going to know this

I think @ann post is right that some sort of media literacy or critical thinking needs to be thought in schools. I know people disagree there. But if you even make people aware of standards that are applied to more mainstream journalism as opposed to talking heads on YouTube, it might give younger people food for thought. You mightn’t see the change straight away but you may see it more in the next generation.

Also, last note on this. Conspiracy theories have come up a few times in this thread. I have absolutely no belief in them and it’s mainly because I’ve worked in government for the last 20 years. I believe certain agendas can be pushed forward through media, but more often I think it comes from private industry such as housing bubbles etc. However I’ve absolutely no belief in any government department or body being competent enough to push through any sort of covert agenda. I actually think if you got someone from any government agency to talk honestly in schools about how any process they currently have in place actually works from end to end, I think you’d cure most people’s beliefs in conspiracy theories

Saw her AND Al Porter doing stand up on the same night in the International years ago. This is going to be hugely unpopular but they were actually both really funny.

Regarding the whole Joe Rogan thing. I don’t really have any time for the guy. Regarding @ann post saying that people will dismiss him without doing proper research into him, I can understand why people wouldn’t. People are already bombarded with information constantly. If you get a video clip of a guy complaining that being a white male is going to be outlawed in the future, or the one where him and his friends are boasting about making girls give them blowjobs to get higher up on a bill, you probably figure you’ve heard enough. And if you’re told his shows are 3 hours in length, that’s probably going to completely kill off your enthusiasm. So honestly can’t blame people on that score.

Having said that, I did check out 1 or 2 clips of Jordan Peterson because I know some people who seem to really respect him. Also checked out a few of those ‘Jordan Peterson owns a liberal/feminist ’ videos on YouTube. Pretty much everything the guy says is absolute fucking horseshit. And really easily disproved horseshit. What he has managed to do is tap into a market of entitled older people who feel that the world is turning against them, utilised their mistrust of mainstream media to create a captive audience who believe the world is being ruined by transsexuals, Greta Thurnberg, hunter biden etc. You’ll recognise if someone’s a fan of his because they’ll say things like “But no one’s talking about Hunter Biden/Tavistock….pick whatever topic” even though they’ll have been widely covered in mainstream outlets. But If your main source of information is coming from someone who fosters a feeling of mistrust in other outlets, you’re never going to know this

I think @ann post is right that some sort of media literacy or critical thinking needs to be thought in schools. I know people disagree there. But if you even make people aware of standards that are applied to more mainstream journalism as opposed to talking heads on YouTube, it might give younger people food for thought. You mightn’t see the change straight away but you may see it more in the next generation.

Also, last note on this. Conspiracy theories have come up a few times in this thread. I have absolutely no belief in them and it’s mainly because I’ve worked in government for the last 20 years. I believe certain agendas can be pushed forward through media, but more often I think it comes from private industry such as housing bubbles etc. However I’ve absolutely no belief in any government department or body being competent enough to push through any sort of covert agenda. I actually think if you got someone from any government agency to talk honestly in schools about how any process they currently have in place actually works from end to end, I think you’d cure most people’s beliefs in conspiracy theories

Yeah yeah exactly what a government shill would say!

But seriously, when you find out that the Covid vaccine rollout program was being organised using excel spreadsheets and they hit a stumbling block because they ran out of rows on the sheet, you quickly lose belief that false flag attacks etc. are actually a thing

But seriously, when you find out that the Covid vaccine rollout program was being organised using excel spreadsheets and they hit a stumbling block because they ran out of rows on the sheet, you quickly lose belief that false flag attacks etc. are actually a thing

Oh yeah for sure. The missus has worked for the hse the last few years. Piss-up, brewery etc

I used to get loads of suggestions for Joe Rogan youtube videos when I had no idea who he was.
That has put me off similar people since:
I looked up Petersen's wiki a few years ago to see who he was but made sure I was in incognito mode as I was already getting pop up adverts for him.
Have never heard his voice.

Very easy to get bombarded with these pricks.

I mentioned Tipp FM radio a few times a week or two back.
Basically it seems to be a regular weekday feature between 9 and 10 am to take two callers with Mattie McGrath politics and let them rant on air one at a time with little supervision by the presenter Fran Curry (not Murray!).
There is no counterbalance to this type of view.
Having listened to this drivel a few times it is obviously calculated to get listeners. The callers often thank the presenter for letting them say things that wouldn't be allowed on RTE.

Last week a guy started going on about immigration and said some stuff that was factually wrong without being called out and digressed into anti lockdown stuff and still saying Ivermectin was great for stopping COVID!

I am seriously thinking of complaining to broadcasting authority.

I mentioned Tipp FM radio a few times a week or two back.
Basically it seems to be a regular weekday feature between 9 and 10 am to take two callers with Mattie McGrath politics and let them rant on air one at a time with little supervision by the presenter Fran Curry (not Murray!).
There is no counterbalance to this type of view.
Having listened to this drivel a few times it is obviously calculated to get listeners. The callers often thank the presenter for letting them say things that wouldn't be allowed on RTE.

Last week a guy started going on about immigration and said some stuff that was factually wrong without being called out and digressed into anti lockdown stuff and still saying Ivermectin was great for stopping COVID!

I am seriously thinking of complaining to broadcasting authority.
Do complain. Doubt it'll achieve much, but, no harm in doing it.

I used to get loads of suggestions for Joe Rogan youtube videos when I had no idea who he was.
That has put me off similar people since:
I looked up Petersen's wiki a few years ago to see who he was but made sure I was in incognito mode as I was already getting pop up adverts for him.
Have never heard his voice.

Very easy to get bombarded with these pricks.
He sounds like an angry, misogynistic and transphobic Kermit the Frog.

He sounds like an angry, misogynistic and transphobic Kermit the Frog.
Haha he does sound like Kermit a bit, though to me that's endearing

Random selection of a video from Jordan Peterson
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've watched the first 13 minutes of this, and to me he seems neither angry nor misogynistic. She's really hostile and trying really hard to put words in his mouth, and he's being super-patient about it 🤷‍♂️

Haha he does sound like Kermit a bit, though to me that's endearing

Random selection of a video from Jordan Peterson
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've watched the first 13 minutes of this, and to me he seems neither angry nor misogynistic. She's really hostile and trying really hard to put words in his mouth, and he's being super-patient about it 🤷‍♂️

'stopped clock' syndrome with him. There's very little I agree with him about but he's not 100% of the time to his credit

Users who are viewing this thread

• xsteox
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back