Heat (7 Viewers)

Can people like me and D Kronenbourg complain? I haven't been outside yet today but I think it's hot.
Absolutely not.

"Hot" is when you step outside and gasp a little bit, because it feels like you are stepping into something heavy and oppressive. It's when the heat is coming up off the concrete, and even the shade is radiating heat into your feet. When you get off the bus and try not to breathe too deeply, because you'll let all the hot air in.
When you don't move too quickly, because that will warm you up. But not too slowly, because then you'll be out in the heat longer than is needed.

This is firmly within "Lovely".

Absolutely not.

"Hot" is when you step outside and gasp a little bit, because it feels like you are stepping into something heavy and oppressive. It's when the heat is coming up off the concrete, and even the shade is radiating heat into your feet. When you get off the bus and try not to breathe too deeply, because you'll let all the hot air in.
When you don't move too quickly, because that will warm you up. But not too slowly, because then you'll be out in the heat longer than is needed.

Well yeah, London. There's plenty of concrete and tarmac around. Also for me, I do live in a big steel thing. The room is shaded but when it's hot, or warm or lovely, it is an oven. Great for drying clothes though.

I have a Jamaican colleague who who calls London heat Dutty Heat. Apparently it's different over there, hotter but nicer.

Absolutely not.

“Hot” is feeling your skin burn the moment you step outside into the Nevada desert sun in August. “Hot” is feeling your clothes fill up with sweat 30 seconds after you step outside your Hong Kong hotel. But “hot” can also be sitting in a badly designed office or being trapped on a bus with no AC, even when the outside conditions only really warrant a “lovely”

“Hot” is feeling your skin burn the moment you step outside into the Nevada desert sun in August. “Hot” is feeling your clothes fill up with sweat 30 seconds after you step outside your Hong Kong hotel. But “hot” can also be sitting in a badly designed office or being trapped on a bus with no AC, even when the outside conditions only really warrant a “lovely”

I can't take responsibility for people living in greenhouses with painted closed windows etc.

That Nevada heat though is borderline scary at times. It's searing, but also bone dry. Which means that it feels like dying and drying out and not being found until you reach the consistency of one of those doggy chew treats is on the cards. Whereas the Hong Kong one is more of a "jeeeeeeesus, this fucking suuuuucks" heat.

Like, in Norway I saw -30C on the thermometer. And I was standing outside, in my t shirt. It wasn't even cold feeling any more, it was a feeling of danger. That Nevada heat, and norwegian cold are one more along the scale, into Danger!

It's possible that my feelings on this matter are coloured by the fact I live in an ancient shit house that heroically clings to cold like some sort of genius Saudi engineer designed it to make living in Abu Dhabi tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back