Winter (1 Viewer)

Winter is fine
We are lucky to be alive

But I can't say I love the shorter days, and colder weather
I like being outside a lot. Dealing with way more darkness and coldness makes my world smaller.

winter is great. What isn't great is when you get to late february / early march when you start to get that smell of the spring, but it stays cold for another 8 weeks. But at least the evenings are getting bright by then.

I like this thread, it's wholesome :). I love autumn and winter, when you just feel (apart from the horror show that life can sometimes be) - that you just want to be cosy, and will do anything to be so.

my favorite time of the year is the oct-nov-dec run.

a nice few weeks of clear, hardy weather is good for the soul if not the chillblanes.

was chatting to a lad last week who suffers from SAD. he said it kicked off a bit earlier for him this year because of the poor weather. but that he gets as much done in the three or four months of summer as he does in the rest of the year simply due to not having motivation when the weather starts to turn.

was chatting to a lad last week who suffers from SAD. he said it kicked off a bit earlier for him this year because of the poor weather. but that he gets as much done in the three or four months of summer as he does in the rest of the year simply due to not having motivation when the weather starts to turn.

I suffer from SAD, less so the last 2 years due to medications but yeah could feel a touch of the auld existential dread a bit earlier this year alright

Cast a cold eye
On life, on death.
Horseman, pass by!

Or maybe I'll just fuck off to somewhere warm, and not get involved with horsemen in any shape or form.

Fuck. Spent the weekend removing all the old insulation from the attic. Great timing for being fucking freezing in the gaff. That and we've no kerosene 😢

There's three empty drums at the back of my place if you wanna borrow them and head down to the cold war service station to get a bit to tide ye over.

Where is th Cold War station?

Thankfully I'm freezing down in Dublin instead for a few days

Just think which service station in all of letterk feels most like you are visiting some cold war outpost. They have pump there for kerosene. They sell it in 20L things but then you have a 20L plastic thing to get rid of / store..

It's mostly the shorter days that bother me; I am basically addicted to sunrises
Looking forward to the clocks changing so we get an extra hour in the morning

Most of the things I like about winter, I associate with Christmas
But I do like lashing on Schubert's Winterreise even though I have no idea what the lad is singing about

And I do like thinking about what my Christmas card will be and who not to forget

I like it being full-on soup weather, so you're always making stock or picking up veg whenever you see it "that'll go nice ina soup"

And even though I love being active, there is a nice relief on a cold and unpleasant day of just sitting down and watchng some tube
The universe has given you the afternoon off.
Reminds me of those long ago winter days when there'd be nothing on the television only old George Formby films or Damsbusters or somesuch and you'd have an endless afternoon to yourself

Anyways... onwards.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back