Winter (1 Viewer)

It's mostly the shorter days that bother me; I am basically addicted to sunrises
Looking forward to the clocks changing so we get an extra hour in the morning
Do you know/follow Tommy Rivers Puzey? Ultra runner, who had an intense run in with cancer. He's training to run again, as much to get his body strong for when/if the cancer comes back. But the fucker does things like get up in the middle of the night and run for 2 hours before sunrise so he can be rewarded with the sun coming up. Inhuman

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you know/follow Tommy Rivers Puzey? Ultra runner, who had an intense run in with cancer. He's training to run again, as much to get his body strong for when/if the cancer comes back. But the fucker does things like get up in the middle of the night and run for 2 hours before sunrise so he can be rewarded with the sun coming up. Inhuman

Lunatic. Has he considered not running and not having cancer , but at the same time

Gotta say, I love this attitude

If you’re exhausted it’s because you’re looking for a shortcut, or a bio hack. There is no such thing. They do not exist. What do exist are physiological processes based on scientific laws which state that our bodies will make positive adaptive changes in response to the specific stresses we impose upon them. Stress, rest, replenish, repeat. That is the only secret. Stop over complicating it. Stop running your mouth and spinning your wheels. Stop looking for shortcuts. Stop complaining. Stop playing the victim card. Stop blaming others or looking for someone to save you. You’re exhausting. No one is coming. No one cares. You alone are responsible. Just do the f♡cking work.

Rest now. More tomorrow. Keep shoveling shit

I get up and hour or so before sunrise some mornings, for kinda the same reason. But I am not at this fella's level of intensity though

@Deadmanposting was it you was developing the theory around people who like spicy foods liking spicy drugs when they were younger? I can't remember if I was talking about it here or not but it made me start to think that ultra runners are all ex- 24 hour party people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back