Heat (1 Viewer)

I'm genetically a Garda lads, just so's you know
That's my other side, but sure Garda and "psychiatric nurse" (i.e. beating people up and throwing them in a room) were the only jobs out of farmer poverty back then.

Make hipster barrells. You've got the bio already
Believe me i've looked into it, there's a bit of a market there for sure. Need to find someone to apprentice you though and Ireland doesn't have much in that regards, especially for anyone over about 25

Welding is a highly skilled one though. I think you have to be good at measuring and sizing things up... they're sort of like unglorified engineers. I'd say you need to have the maths and the physics... At least that's what everyone says the top welder around here should have been - an engineer. My uncle says he measures a piece one time and one time only, and he never needs to check it again. My mother taught the same lad and said he was one of the brightest students she ever had.... advanced for his age at maths etc.

Yeah. Just threw that out there as a skill that is in particularly short supply. And as you say, much underappreciated. In Events world, the chippies and painters and lighting guys are the cockiest and loudest, but the engineers and riggers are really the only ones worth listening to.

I come from a family of welders but can I weld? No. I can solder a little bit but I’m not the best at that (I do like it though).
I'm genetically a welder/farmer/psychiatric nurse/truck driver. I can't weld. I can barely solder a guitar lead.

A strange mix of isolation mixed with messing up peoples heads.

a friend of my dad's was a trained cooper, but his main trade was making spinning wheels. they made an episode of 'hands' about him.
The cooper episode or the spinning wheel episode??

My grandfather was very disparaging about the episode on coopering, god he was such a prick haha

It's such a great show. All the mad auld fellas living in the middle of nowhere with these insanely specific and difficult skills.

It's such a great show. All the mad auld fellas living in the middle of nowhere with these insanely specific and difficult skills.
in the one i posted, i winced at 17:00 in - why not mount the piece the other way around? that hook spinning round that way would be lethal. at least it'd just bruise you if it caught your hand the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back