Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (2 Viewers)

my own fault for opening this thread, i'm one episode behind you lot, but i'm excira about this acid scene now. i'm surprised they spent a more than one episode dispensing of joans bf, like they coulda had roger shoot him in the face in E01 and nobody would have given a fuck.

she was no angel either though.

um, yummy ice cream

I think it must be a 'man thing' but it drives me crazy when men want me to like, do or want something when I don't just because they think I should. She tried it, she didn't like it. She wasn't doing it out of spite she just didn't want it nor did she even ask for it. She ordered pie, ffs. People making decisions for me, it drives me crazy. I would have down the same thing as her…. plus, orange sherburt is gross and does taste like perfume.

I think it must be a 'man thing' but it drives me crazy when men want me to like, do or want something when I don't just because they think I should. She tried it, she didn't like it. She wasn't doing it out of spite she just didn't want it nor did she even ask for it. She ordered pie, ffs. People making decisions for me, it drives me crazy. I would have down the same thing as her…. plus, orange sherburt is gross and does taste like perfume.

right, but it was the 'why don't you call your mother' comment that caused him to flip. Obviously shes not as au fait with his background as we are but I was thinking if he told her, she'd have felt bad and everything would have been ok.

but it was a pretty shitty thing he did.

right, but it was the 'why don't you call your mother' comment that caused him to flip. Obviously shes not as au fait with his background as we are but I was thinking if he told her, she'd have felt bad and everything would have been ok.

but it was a pretty shitty thing he did.

So one heated comment (after he orders her to do something again) overshadows weeks/months of him making decisions for her? He didn't like it when she did it for him with that surprise party yet he continues to do it for her under the guise of 'I love you, so suit my needs'.... bullshit. I never would have made it in that time period. I'd be telling men to fuck off constantly.

So one heated comment (after he orders her to do something again) overshadows weeks/months of him making decisions for her? He didn't like it when she did it for him with that surprise party yet he continues to do it for her under the guise of 'I love you, so suit my needs'.... bullshit. I never would have made it in that time period. I'd be telling men to fuck off constantly.

Is the point of the whole thing not that women were just generally subservient to their men back then though? I mean that in the sense that the women just had to put up with the shit men give them because thats how society was (utterly sexist and racist).

So, in Don's mind, before she made that comment, nothing else even registered with him that he had done something wrong.

I would imagine that was a damn accurate depiction of how things were back then. I'm dying to see how that relationship pans out, or perhaps, how long til she can't take anymore.

Is the point of the whole thing not that women were just generally subservient to their men back then though? I mean that in the sense that the women just had to put up with the shit men give them because thats how society was (utterly sexist and racist).

So, in Don's mind, before she made that comment, nothing else even registered with him that he had done something wrong.

I would imagine that was a damn accurate depiction of how things were back then. I'm dying to see how that relationship pans out, or perhaps, how long til she can't take anymore.

Hence why I said, I would have never made it in that time. I get the point. It also hasn't completely died with 'old fashioned' men who still feel the need to protect and provide above all. Not that the instinct is wrong or bad but there has to be some give and take or it's no longer gentlemanly, it's insulting.

peggy.gif

It was just a fight...it's over now.

this season has been my favourite. admittedly the most recent episode took the foot off the gas a bit but the previous two have been two of the best episodes in the history of the show

Julia Ormond :heart:

If I wasn't in work it'd be straight off to the horn thread. Good episode not quite up there with the last two as has been said though. Loving this season

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back