Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (1 Viewer)

what did peggy say to the black girl to upset her so?

I flicked over at the ads and just missed it when I flicked back.

She did a hesitant double-take before going to bed as her handbag (with the recently purloined $400) was on the coffee table and a black was on her couch.
Awkward.

In fairness to her she made a show of picking up the empties and left the bag where it was.

Another class episode. With the fever dream I was thinking if he just wakes up from this and it's all okay that'll be shit. Yet somehow in the end it wasn't. Also the cut to Sally underneath the chaise was inexplicably amazing.

In fairness to her she made a show of picking up the empties and left the bag where it was.

Another class episode. With the fever dream I was thinking if he just wakes up from this and it's all okay that'll be shit. Yet somehow in the end it wasn't. Also the cut to Sally underneath the chaise was inexplicably amazing.

Agreed.

"I've a ticket for the bean ballet and the curtain is about to go up"

Definitely using that line next time I have to excuse myself from dinner because I have to go and take a crap

I'm not sure if the viewer was supposed to sympathise with Pete or hate him as much as he obviously hates himself. Glad to see they're copping that the more interesting characters at this point are the people who aren't Don.

thats the point though, is it not? Don is finally getting his shit together while all the others are crumbling (Roger, Pete, Lane)

Not sure its gonna stay all that interesting if Don isn't the one in a mess.

That fight scene was fantastic. And Roger's reaction - 'am I the only one that wants to see this?'.

and fuck spoilers

thats the point though, is it not? Don is finally getting his shit together while all the others are crumbling (Roger, Pete, Lane)

Not sure its gonna stay all that interesting if Don isn't the one in a mess.

But it's always been the other characters that have been more interesting. Peggy, Jane and her relationship with her rapey doctor boyfriend/husband, Sal. Don/Dick's back story was what made him interesting, I don't see where else they can go with that now, "present day" Don has always basically been, in a relationship with a blonde but cant' stop fucking brunettes, now he's married a to a brunette and stopped cheating.

esq-don-draper-plaid-041612-xlg.jpg

To me Don is still one of the more interesting characters. I love the way he's, monogamy aside, slowly morphing into Roger. The one thing that does piss me off though is how they continually feel the need to reinforce how cool he is by having other characters tell him such or fawn over him in a far too over the top fashion. It's just lazy. In the past the episodes I disliked the most were the ones that veered too close to a James Bond, male fantasy. In this way a happier Don makes for more interesting viewing for me as the show gets weirder to compensate. Going by this latest episode though this happiness will be fickle. I can't imagine he'll handle his wife's burgeoning feminism all that well. They didn't make up quite so spectacularly this time!

John Slattery is a beast of an actor. That trip scene was incredibly nuanced.

Where has he been all these years??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back