Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (1 Viewer)

Re: Mad Men Season 5

tumblr_m1h9dslCdI1qex4p7.gif

Me at a wedding

Pretty much everyone in the episode is looking for a better life.
From the protestors to Pete (a petulant shit who I love every moment he's on screen) to Lane's lusting for Dolores.
And everyone else you can name.
Nobody seems to want a baby though, including Joanie. Which I love.

Most everyone at SCDP is right where I want them - unhappy and wanting change. This can only lead to conflict and upheaval which suits me just fine.

I got the impression that she did want the baby but also wanted her old life, and was conflicted

No one (that's not a psychopath) hates their own kid but new parents can sure as hell secretly (unconsciously) resent them for what they took away.
Freedom and independence.
It is conflict, a pretty natural one I'd say.

if i can resist reading this thread i'm going to watch s5 in one go when its over. i seem to prefer tv that way these days.

Wasn't up to much. Not sure if I'll bother with rest of the series. The critics talk it up a storm but it's rather dull, always has been.

Well, that just made me put down my fork and slide my left over cake across the counter. Seriously, was that camera distortion because if not, that was fantastic weight make-up. Her neck, her arms... even getting out of the tub all looked as if she was my dress size or more. "So I'm not dying, just fat."

Well, that just made me put down my fork and slide my left over cake across the counter. Seriously, was that camera distortion because if not, that was fantastic weight make-up. Her neck, her arms... even getting out of the tub all looked as if she was my dress size or more. "So I'm not dying, just fat."

She was pregnant during shooting but I think they made here bigger than she actually was

Incidentally, that wasn’t all January Jones that you saw. Producers put the actress in a fat suit to camouflage her pregnancy and used a body double for the bathtub scene. According to the Los Angeles Times, this is the third “Mad Men” character that has donned “fat” makeup. (Remember the secretly pregnant Peggy back in Season 1?)

Harry is a giant schmuck. I hope they have him saying something incredibly inappropriate every episode leading up to a big pre show montage for one of the later episodes.

"I'll work on that", fucking love Peggy.

Big ol' diss on Mitt's dad too.

thanks for using spoilers. what the hell am i doing in this thread. might wait till the end of the series and binge watch it along with breadking bad and got's.

She was pregnant during shooting but I think they made here bigger than she actually was

Harry is a giant schmuck. I hope they have him saying something incredibly inappropriate every episode leading up to a big pre show montage for one of the later episodes.

"I'll work on that", fucking love Peggy.

Big ol' diss on Mitt's dad too.

Ahh, makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think body double for bath...all I was thinking was what the hell?" Also Harry," Eat first" made me laugh. Were those 20 mini white castle burgers?

thanks for using spoilers. what the hell am i doing in this thread. might wait till the end of the series and binge watch it along with breadking bad and got's.

I'm following a similar trajectory. Don't have time to binge watch though but 3 tv shows a week will do me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back