Mad Men Season 7 - Part 2 (1 Viewer)

I'm loving it.Its a bit Knots Landing at times but, Joan.

The 2nd last episode was good, the last episode though it had moments really felt like the show has outstayed its welcome. Peggy being amazing at the end only just put it back into the good episode zone.

Absolutely enthralling. Loved every minute of it. Didn't see the Betty thing coming at all. Then my missus reminded me that she had a scare before. That ending was superb too. Nice to see Don smile once and a while. Cannot wait for the finale.

I enjoyed the Pete story, but it really felt like they were steam rolling through the plot with the three storylines. That much stuff never happens on Mad Men.

Also

the final shot of Betty very much seemed like the final time we'll ever see her, and it was similar to how Joan walked out of shot in the last episode. I wonder if that's also the last we see of her, and could say the same about Peggy and her corridor walk. Be a shame if so!

That episode was class. A bit bizarre, a bit sweet, funny, and sad. Defo in my top 5, if I had a top 5.

Obvious bait and switch but it really felt like Don Draper was going to be outed as Whitman by the vets. Probably deliberate but the down home town he was in seemed more like the 1950s or early '60s than the 1970s.

Also

the final shot of Betty very much seemed like the final time we'll ever see her, and it was similar to how Joan walked out of shot in the last episode. I wonder if that's also the last we see of her, and could say the same about Peggy and her corridor walk. Be a shame if so!
Wow, never thought of that. You could be correct

I enjoyed the Pete story, but it really felt like they were steam rolling through the plot with the three storylines. That much stuff never happens on Mad Men.

Also

100%. That's the last time we see her, alive at least. She fell down on those stairs at the point we don't see when she turns the corner for a second time. I'll shave and eat my ball hair if that's not the case. That's what I've always loved about this show. The way they use the visual medium to tell the story with more than words. I don't always pick up on them, but it's so rewarding when you do.

Do apart from anyone else, what happens to Don? For starters does he even arrive back in time for Betty's funeral? Also, keeping in mind how rich he is, is he just going to drift off into the sunset, or has he learned how to be the real Don? Family, responsibility, a father to his kids?

*Very* far fetched maybe but
the scene when he arrived at McCann Erickson and was checking the window in his new office....I wonder will the final scene be him jumping, and it's been signposted by the opening credits all these years

Nah....

*Very* far fetched maybe but
the scene when he arrived at McCann Erickson and was checking the window in his new office....I wonder will the final scene be him jumping, and it's been signposted by the opening credits all these years

Nah....
Yeah I read that as well. Don't see it happening. I reckon he goes to California. According to those on culture watch we're already in the 70s so I think some reference will be made to the excesses of that era and the shattered dream of the 60s. Good chance Megan's character will portray this. I also feel we have to see more of Sally in the last episode. Maybe she makes it out to Don at some stage.

I think I'll actually be crushed when this show is over. The Wire and Sopranos ended when they should but I could just keep watching Mad Men. Would love to watch the characters right into old age, observe their take on different eras.

Musically I'll be very curious to see what they use. The Beatles split up. As do Simon and Garfunkel (the quintessential New York act of the time). Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin die. So perhaps a nod to one of these occurrences. Déja Vu by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young would be worth an outside bet.

In an interview a few years back, Weiner said that the finale will show you how Don would be "now". I doubt he meant it literally.

I think we've seen pete, betty, joan & peggy's last scenes. But hopefully not Roger's.

I too will be gutted. Favorite show of all time for me. Like Hermie I'd love to just continue watching it. Would love to see how they get on in the 70's. And 80's for that matter, but it would obviously out-stay its welcome if it did I'm sure.

I know one thing for certain. I'm pouring a massive scotch for myself next Monday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back