Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (1 Viewer)

Re: Mad Men Season 5

first 2 episodes were on Sky Atlantic last night. Very good.

I need to finish watching season 4 before I get too far into season 5. Has Don Drapers new wife not been posted on the horn thread yet?

The party scene was great. The gear they were wearing, the burds especially. Brilliant. And the bit at the end of episode 2 with all the 'negroes' in the lobby. Class.

first 2 episodes were on Sky Atlantic last night. Very good.

I need to finish watching season 4 before I get too far into season 5. Has Don Drapers new wife not been posted on the horn thread yet?

The party scene was great. The gear they were wearing, the burds especially. Brilliant. And the bit at the end of episode 2 with all the 'negroes' in the lobby. Class.
Draper's wife is a bit annoying and toothy but she had two very hornworthy scenes - the french pop number and cleaning the gaf in her pants.

Both the party and cleaning scene were class and not because of the 'horn'.... the dynamics were very interesting. Best quote, "You're wondering what they're laughing about...stop...don't worry, it's not you." Also Lane Pryce's impression of her dance made me laugh.

"What can't you sing like that?"
"Why don't you look like that?"

Was pretty hilarious as well.

It's hard to believe they could make Pete even more petulant but they did.

Was Harry always as much of a slimeball? He was always a lick-arse but I don't remember him being as loathsome. I guess his divorce might be meant to have taken it's toll

There was some classic dialog. At the party, Roger to Jane - 'why can't you sing like that' (referring to Mrs Draper II). Jane's retort - 'why can't you look like him' (referring to the uber-cool Don).

Then the exchange between Peggy and Mrs Draper II - 'whats wrong with you people? You never smile, you smirk'. Pretty much nail on the head for saps who work in jobs that require the wearing of suits, even to this day.

It's hard to believe they could make Pete even more petulant but they did.

Was Harry always as much of a slimeball? He was always a lick-arse but I don't remember him being as loathsome. I guess his divorce might be meant to have taken it's toll

touche

He was funny but has, up to now, been half-likeable. Hopefully he doesn't become just the doofus.

Oh and Jessica Paré is an absolute ride, always has been. Don't know what planet you're on - 'toothy'

"She doesn't speak French ... she doesn't like me."

Was talking about the episode on twitter last night I assume that Sterling is either headed for a very sad end or Joan's edit: rapey husband dies in vietnam.

Harry has got the weight off, cocky about it now.

Harry was brilliant in that episode. What a doofus

I think Harry is trying to be one of the 'big boys' in the office but is failing miserably.
He tried to make the sexist jokes.
He had the big office but lost it.
He gave a manly gift to 'fit in' and be regal like Clark Gable (or some other actor).
He's trying to be one of them but just keeps getting it wrong.
Poor Harry.

I think Harry is trying to be one of the 'big boys' in the office but is failing miserably.
He tried to make the sexist jokes.
He had the big office but lost it.
He gave a manly gift to 'fit in' and be regal like Clark Gable (or some other actor).
He's trying to be one of them but just keeps getting it wrong.
Poor Harry.
this is what i've always thought about Harry. he's the office clown. every office has one

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back