Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (3 Viewers)

Don's family life, and Don himself, just don't interest me any more. I kind of wish he really did strangle that wan.

That was a bit meh.

the series is in need of some serious redemption. Its shown glimpses of genius but overall has been pretty awful.

The last episode was the worst in all 5 seasons so far.

I'm hanging onto the hope that all this boring crap is designed to accentuate something amazing thats gonna happen some episode soon.

Or, I'd settle for Alison Brie coming back into it, at least a little bit.

s5 was delayed because the contract between advertisers and scriptwriters was changing, or attempting to be changed. the writers had to fight that off while writing this series, so possibly every ounce of motivation to write witty scripts about the advertising world could possibly have been sapped. might waste an hour seeing who wrote what on wiki and come back to this.

I'm increasingly in agreeance with Patrick Freyne's review of the show from a while back.
http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/moving-with-the-times-they-lost-the-plot-3061119.html

Those elements that made the show special in previous seasons aren't present enough in this one.

Very good article but I completely disagree with him about how the show has become less interesting as the 60s starts to fully kick-in. Imagine if all that stoicism still permeated the show 5 seasons in, it'd be unbearable!

I'm with Bernie, I'm enjoying this series as much, if not more, than the previous ones. To avoid repeating itself and also to fully represent the era it has had to get weirder and is all the better for it.

The episode just gone didn't make enough of featuring my two favourite characters (Roger and Sally) quite heavily but was still pretty good I thought.

I'm increasingly in agreeance with Patrick Freyne's review of the show from a while back.
http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/moving-with-the-times-they-lost-the-plot-3061119.html

Those elements that made the show special in previous seasons aren't present enough in this one.

He wrote that before this season started, it seems

Also, isn't the openness in the characters reflecting the way society in general was going.

He should just go and listen to Joy Division or watch Bergman if he only wants brooding.

That was great. In fact it highlighted everything that I thought needed to be done to the past couple of episodes to get it going again;

- needs more Price
- needs more Joanie
- needs more marital turbulence
- needs more office sex
- needs flash cars
- needs more abuse of secretaries

all that was missing was some casual racism and maybe some Alison Brie, but then throw in the Kinsey thing and bingo, classic episode.

And that stuff doesn't keep great in an oven indefinitely

Probably also a part of why she was so pissed off.

Personally, I thought the last episode was a bit of a lull. Harry wigging out with the Hare Krishnas was brilliant and Price's scheming was necessary but undoubtedly only the seed of something bigger but overall, I felt like they were treading water.

i was just glad we got back to price's tax problems that have been building for so long

wait, what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back