Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (1 Viewer)

Yes it does

mr._white.jpg

Breaking Bad, while an amazing series, might have jumped the shark with that Gus CGI fiasco. Time will tell. It sometimes feels like the writing has gotten a bit slipshod, like they never expected the show to go on this long and don't know where to take it.

It's kind of hard to believe that she would do that. As in it stretches what we know about her a bit too much.

Pity about Peggy gtfo'ing also. It made my computer sad.

I don't think it's too hard to believe at all, in fairness.
She was under the impression that all of them wanted her to do it.
She didn't know Don was against it until after.

In her mind, they all thought that little of her.
She has no husband, a kid, and no money coming in other than her job.
A job she might not have if they lose the business.
Now she has a share in the company and their admiration that she 'helped' when needed.

Easier to do questionable things when you feel shit because people think that little of you.
It showed the difference between Peggy and Joan and how their positions/outlooks have changed.

Lane Pryce has basically effed Joan though, well if the company fails due to his financial improprieties, he has. $50,000 in 1966 is apparently approx $350,000 now but 5% of the company could be 5% of eff all if the company fails soon after.

I wonder what Peggy's involvement in the show will be now.. They're not realistically going to spend loads of time developing a set of characters at the other agency for her to interact with, so you'd have to imagine that the move will leave her in a peripheral role. It's brave of the show considering she's been more or less the second lead character. Don said if she ever left he'd try every day to hire her back, I'd imagine she comes back to Sterling Cooper etc sooner rather than later.

Lane Pryce has basically effed Joan though, well if the company fails due to his financial improprieties, he has. $50,000 in 1966 is apparently approx $350,000 now but 5% of the company could be 5% of eff all if the company fails soon after.

He did it before that by suggesting she even do it.
They all did.. even Don because he walked out and never bothered to talk to her (or then) until it was too late.
She gave everything for that place over the years and they disrespected her, the maybe worthless 5% is secondary.

Breaking Bad, while an amazing series, might have jumped the shark with that Gus CGI fiasco. Time will tell. It sometimes feels like the writing has gotten a bit slipshod, like they never expected the show to go on this long and don't know where to take it.

Fiasco?
That was a jaw-droppingly deadly bit of immortal TV.
A true 'HOLY FUCK!' moment.

they wrapped a bow on that season like Incouldnt have imagined. With the poison and the kid and whatnot.
Just great.

Fuck is right. Jesus. Thats mad. 2 of the best/main characters gone in the space of 2 episodes. Suppose they had to make way for Sally and Betty's reappearance.

Not sure how happy I am with Don seeming the only human one anymore.

Also, was the irony of Don's insisting Lane quit due to his '13-day loan' despite the fact they were ok with Joan riding some fat cunt to get a deal, as intentional as it seemed to me? It seems morals only apply when they relate to money going out, not money coming into the company.

What was I saying about Don being the human one?

Or the irony that Lane forged the signature of a man whose identity is forged.

I thought maybe they'd go for a Lane blackmailing Don angle for a minute but I can't recall if he knows Whitman/Draper's particulars.

Or the irony that Lane forged the signature of a man whose identity is forged.

I thought maybe they'd go for a Lane blackmailing Don angle for a minute but I can't recall if he knows Whitman/Draper's particulars.

pete campbell tried that before. He went as far as telling bert cooper. His reaction was basically that he didn't give a shit. But I'm pretty sure Lane was never privvy to that info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back