Mad Men Season 5 - Caution: Contains spoilers (1 Viewer)

The event and aftermath were very well depicted (especially the devastaing black humour with the Jag not starting and him having to recover his broken specs) but I'm a bit unsatisfied in the way they did away with Lane.. He's obviously had continual difficulties settling in his new life but the tax problems first came up, what, 2 episodes ago? It felt like they needed something to create a climax point to a season which has had a generally dark tone and he happened to be the major character they could most afford to lose. Still a great episode. Enjoyed seeing Don reigniting his professional hunger seeing as he's been drifting through most of the season.

That boyfriend of Sally's is still a creepy little bastard

hes great. On the phone he was all boastful about how deadly he was, but then he confessed to getting bullied when in the museum.

And he didn't hit on Megan, so maybe the creepyness is just leftovers from when he was hitting on Betty that time.

I have a feeling we'll see more of him.

hes great. On the phone he was all boastful about how deadly he was, but then he confessed to getting bullied when in the museum.

And he didn't hit on Megan, so maybe the creepyness is just leftovers from when he was hitting on Betty that time.

I have a feeling we'll see more of him.

I think he's a great character... the scene in the elevator with Don was brilliant.

Lane's money problems were not new they go way back to Puttnam, Powell, and Lowe.

Not at all. But when your dad is the series creator, that hardly matters

hah, never a truer word said

tori-spelling-picture-1.jpg

I rather enjoyed it. No big cliff hanger but a huge teaser for a kick ass 6 season.
Everyone is questioning where they are in life.
What they thought they wanted might not actually be what they want now.
That only means change and scandal.
This whole season was keeping it together.
I foresee next season being all about letting go.

I rather enjoyed it. No big cliff hanger but a huge teaser for a kick ass 6 season.
Everyone is questioning where they are in life.
What they thought they wanted might not actually be what they want now.
That only means change and scandal.
This whole season was keeping it together.
I foresee next season being all about letting go.

It just felt like a repeat to me. There was nothing in this episode I haven't already seen in the show before. It was depressingly like an S2 episode to me. Peggy was the only one who seemed to have progressed in life really.

It just felt like a repeat to me. There was nothing in this episode I haven't already seen in the show before. It was depressingly like an S2 episode to me. Peggy was the only one who seemed to have progressed in life really.

Progress was never the point of this season.
It was keep 'your shit together' with the mere facade of progress.
Even Peggy (despite her going on an airplane) was taking refuge in the movie theatre to escape.
Lane was just the first to say 'fuck it' and jump ship to free himself.
I think next season will be interesting to see how all the others free themselves from their self made shackles.
Great season. Great ending.

Oh I know progress wasn't the point but if the thing doesn't progress at least somewhat I don't find it engaging. It'll be interesting to see whether it is 1 or 2 more seasons long. It feels sorta played out to me. I wonder if they'll really go for the present day ending as has been suggested. I've always been at two minds about the show. It always seemed too hyped but I must have enjoyed it because I've watched most of its run, and definitely all since the 3rd seasons.

By the way at the end of the episode was that Meg's friend who was chatting to Don?

I enjoyed it. There had to be a bit of a lull after the previous episode.

HIVES said:
It was keep 'your shit together' with the mere facade of progress.

Yes, I agree, but I'd also say that there was an element of 'keep your shit together' when your life is crumbling around you. Don had looked like he was finally about to be happy in life. Now, not so sure. Pete looked like he was going to hell. In steps the lovely Alison Brie, now not so sure. Roger seems happy out horndogging, dropping tabs, and showing his arse to the world. Peggy looked to be on the up and up, now she just looks like shes regretting moving. I still don't get any great sense that Joan is satisfied despite her becoming a partner in the firm.

Etc.

Basically its as you were at the start of the series except Price is now dead. All the rest of them are still as miserable as can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back