Heat (3 Viewers)

Then you can have very long cold shower and lying in the bed in the nip with a towel under you, another winner.
A two minute walk to the station, a four minute train ride, and then a ten minute walk.

Took me about 40 minutes.

I did indeed put my head under the shower as soon as I got in, and I will again. I actually dipped my head under the tap at the pub after washing my hands. Someone said "great idea", someone else said "I really like this wet hair look you're doing", One, some or all of us were suffering from heat stroke. But the compliments are nice. I need the compliments right now.

Only 22 degrees and cloudy here today. 90% humidity, my weather app thing that installed itself is telling me

Somewhere between 97 and 101 here right now. I do like Wunderground.com, I don't really like their American preference for Fahrenheit. But it's a cool site, I've got info from two weather stations which are both within a KILOMETER(!!!!) of me.

There's a nice Southerly blowing in, but that's where the sun is.

I love the early mornings and the evenings when there's a heatwave on

All the buildings and paths and roads giving back the heat they've had lashed into them

Fucking glorious

Went for a shirtless bike ride this morning
Probably only pleasant for me
But that's the point isn't it?

so it's very possible that yesterday *was* the highest temperature ever recorded - the 1887 kilkenny record was 4C higher than anywhere else in country. i bet this is the sort of thing which splits meteorologists into cliques.

Even though I've just sat inside all day I'm still just melting. There'll be some lightning coming in soon. That'll break things hopefully.

The air pressure has changed again. The trees are utterly still. The birds have completely stopped singing, but they're still flying. They're making they're way home before It begins. It's just silent and hot. I have that pressure feeling in my temple and right nostril and left knee.

Basically, I just really like thunder storms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back