Clampers (1 Viewer)

I sent a letter to the CEO of N.C.P.S. (Mr Jason Ballard) last week and explained what had happened with my appeal along with a copy of my original letter and their responce and I got a cheque for the full amount in the post this morning .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

Never under estimate the power of the CEO letter, it's about the only thing I learned when working for Bord Gais, anytime a complaint is rejected send a letter to the CEO and you'll always get what you want.

Good stuff.

They are a pack of wankers though. I got clamped once. It was fair enough. An honest mistake on my part but I still have several gripes with what happened.

I parked on North Circular road one day when I had a hospital appointment in the Mater. Where I parked becomes a clearway at 4pm. Fair enough. But, I missed that sign and assumed everything was ok cos the parking disc machine happily took my money and gave me a disc that was valid past that time. In fact the disc was valid for a good hour more than the time I was clamped at.

But what really got my goat was the fact that I got a parking ticket off the cops. That was issued before the clampers got there. Then they went and clamped me anyway. So I was penalised twice for a single offence. 80 quid for the clamp, 25 for the parking ticket.

Thankfully, because of bent coppers, I got the parking ticket quoshed. The clampers were actually decent about it. They told me to appeal, saying to use the fact I was in the hospital as grounds. But I let it lie. But it just seems wrong that they could clamp me (and tow me around the corner) seeing as the cops already got a ticket on the car.

The following day that debacle took place in Abbey Street. Anyone remember it? Some lad was legitimately parked in a commercial loading zone (he had a permit), but some geebag clamper clamped him anyway. He did an old on it and removed it himself (I think he got the wheel off somehow). The clampers tried to physically restrain him and a big row broke out. A huge crowd gathered. Even cops on horseback turned up. Yer man was arrested, but later released, got an apology and compensation from the clamper cunts.

That was all back in the control-plus days. Not sure who has the contract now. Some other pack of cunts.

i parked the car near Whelans the other night in the 24 hour zone - and only had enough money to get me to 10:33 PM. thankfully it was a very quick gig and was over at 10:30 and i made it back to the car for 10:34! But Mr clamper man was STILL out clamping! and mine was in the next 3 cars.
i Never actually thought they bothered to clamp when it got late at night - but they do!
do you have 10 minutes beyond the time you have paid for?

Never under estimate the power of the CEO letter, it's about the only thing I learned when working for Bord Gais, anytime a complaint is rejected send a letter to the CEO and you'll always get what you want.

i'm currently answering a letter of complaint that was sent in the post to the home address of one of our board members/high executive people. As in his house address. Charming.

I got clamped in a old taxi rank. The rank wasnt used anymore but the signs where still there. The real bummer was id parked with my back wheels just inside the rank. I never followed it up but after reading this maybe i should have... The area is now used for parking motorbikes which is ironic cause i generaly drive bikes not cars.

i parked the car near Whelans the other night in the 24 hour zone - and only had enough money to get me to 10:33 PM. thankfully it was a very quick gig and was over at 10:30 and i made it back to the car for 10:34! But Mr clamper man was STILL out clamping! and mine was in the next 3 cars.
i Never actually thought they bothered to clamp when it got late at night - but they do!
do you have 10 minutes beyond the time you have paid for?

In future if you're parking around there after 7 just drive up to the end of camden row, take a left and on the left side of that street for a few hundred metres there's a single yellow line that you can park on until 7AM the next morning. Or if you want take a right after the left and that whole area is free all day on Saturday and Sunday too.

i know in dun laoghaire rathdown co. council the pay and display rules are that you have 10 mins after parking to find a working ticket machine,and 20 mins grace after your ticket time ends to get back to your car. the ticket blokes are really decent too,they never give a ticket first time they come accross a car, they'll take the reg no. and come back in 10 mins then give a ticket if theres no ticket on it. they still give on the spot tickets for double yellow lines or loading bay parking.

dunno what the deal is for dublin co. council, but i wouldnt trust the clampers as far as i could throw one

dunno what the deal is for dublin co. council, but i wouldnt trust the clampers as far as i could throw one

the problem is that clamping is outsourced. The company doing it are trying to make a profit so its in their best interest to clamp as many people as possible. Thats why you'll often see a van doing laps of Merrion Square. Its like shooting fish in a barrel there.

And, they have no compassion whatsoever. You're done, you're done, regardless of whether you turn up with your leg hanging off, in need of emergency medical attention.

cunts

Found myself in the very same situation on Sunday evening in Maynooth train station. Got in correct advice and should have went with first taughts of cutting off clamp. Now it seems the only action available is small claims court to get back my €125. Did you have any luck?

Bit of a rant I'm afraid

I was clamped in Portmarnock DART station about two weeks ago, I had a ticket on my dashboard but when I got out of my car it blew off my dash and landed face up on the passenger seat so the fuck nut who clamped me either saw the ticket and ignored it as it wasn't on my dashbaord or was to fucking inbred to bother looking past the dashboard and onto the passenger seat.

I called the clamper and showed him the ticket on the seat but he said he couldn't remove it without payment, we argued for about 5 minutes then I paid it as I was in a rush but assumed that on appeal, once I explained the situation, sent in a copy of my ticket and picture of my car being parked besdie the ticket machine that I would get a refund. The lad who removed my clamp even gave me his name as he said it would be "an open and shut appeal" and that "the appeals board have common sense"

I recieved a template letter today saying that my appeal had been rejected as I was parked in a pay and display area with no ticket. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I sent in a three page letter explaining everything, that I'd be on CCTV getting my ticket if they checked it, gave them the clampers name, sent copies of invoices, tickets, pictures of my car and the DART station and all I got back was a two paragraph system generated letter. :mad:

Anyway does anyone know if their is a higher body to take this to above the appeals people? It's a private carpark so Fingal county counci won't care and it's nothing to do with CIE.

I've gotten the name of the N.C.P.S. CEO and might send him a copy of my letter along with a new one if only to waste his time for a few minutes.... Technically I was in the wrong as the ticket I had wasn't on the dashboard or in clear view but it could still be made out from the pasenger seat ffs :mad:

I'm currently thinking of sneaking down to the car park later tonight in the cover of darkness and glueing the slots on four machines shut and repeating that move every month until I feel I've had my revenge.

Found myself in the very same situation on Sunday evening in Maynooth train station. Got in correct advice and should have went with first taughts of cutting off clamp. Now it seems the only action available is small claims court to get back my €125. Did you have any luck?

As you can see from the top of this thread :D

I sent a letter to the CEO of N.C.P.S. (Mr Jason Ballard) last week and explained what had happened with my appeal along with a copy of my original letter and their responce and I got a cheque for the full amount in the post this morning .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

NCPS run the clamping racket in Maynooth so you could do the same, just check their website that the CEO is still the same guy !!

jaysis, those clampers make me paranoid. Years ago my landlord was clamped outside the house i was renting from him i.e. his fucking house! he was fixing the shower, therefore had a van full of tools, including an angle grinder. heh heh heh. I couldn't watch as I had to reset the transformer the thing was plugged into every time he cut out, but I knew the job was done when i heard a metallic clang and uproarious applause from the crowd of locals gathered.

They just blitzed the street near my work this morning which is right by a school. Looks like they clamped 4 parents cars as they dropped their kids off to school. Clampers are sound.

What's the easiest way to remove a clamp without paying?

Unless you have access to an angle grinder I'd say a bolt cutter is the easiest, if you don't have one they cost about 15 euro.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

theoretically you can let your tire down and remove it - never tried it.

or angle grinder if you've used one before.

Most of the time you can't let your tire down as they thread the chain around the wishbone.
I had a load of hassle with NCPS before, in the end it was easiest for me to pay them but I also put stranded wire and glue in the lock so they had to cut it off with an angle grinder.
NCPS only hire cunts to work for them.

NCPS cu***? YES!!! My vehicle was clamped on Thursday afternoon at a location in Waterford and the wheel was merely half a foot over the disabled line because someone else was parked incorrectly, the NCPS clamper driver was still at the scene when I realised I was clamped so I confronted him and told him the clamp had been inflicted unfairly. The clamper replied and said there are rules that need to be obeyed and they are hired to enforce them. The driver (who said his name was Ciaran) said I needed to contact the control operations to debate the matter and come to a conclusion. I contacted this crowd and when talking to a highly incompetent female employee they told me I needed to appeal the decision and abruptly hung up the phone, albeit, I was extremely pissed off. I then rang back again to speak to an absolute scholar and a gentleman (who told me) his name was Colin. I was crying at the time and he comforted me by telling me its not worth ruining this sunny day by being upset. I explained my situation, he agreed to support my submission with great enthusiasm and promised that an appeals officer would return my application within 14 days. So I am eagerly anticipating he response. I will post my response in due course

In future if you're parking around there after 7 just drive up to the end of camden row, take a left and on the left side of that street for a few hundred metres there's a single yellow line that you can park on until 7AM the next morning. Or if you want take a right after the left and that whole area is free all day on Saturday and Sunday too.

you fucking ledgebag! I used to park my car up near the lower deck area most weekends as my girfriend at the time was living nearby then they got rid of that free weekend parking, now I'm going out with someone else who just moved into that area and my head was wrecked with paying even on weekends, seriously thanks, you saved me a packet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back