Clampers (2 Viewers)

I got clamped outside my house 30 mins after a 24 hour residents parking ticket had expired while waiting for the full one in the post.
It was my last 24 hour ticket & had used them all up waiting for the permit.

It's absolutely criminal that all this has been outsourced from the councils. It means common sense goes out the window. I blame the PDs!
What really drives me nuts is that there are is always a chorus of fools who are queueing up to say "well you were parked in the wrong - it's your own fault"

Remember when John Walters made the same point, that handing jobs like these over to jobsworths, power trippers, martinets and assholes takes all reasonableness out of the equation and that this type of inflexibility and "the rules is the rules" attitude is inherently un-Irish. People couldn't slag him quickly enough.

He was 100% right.

But it's not just Ireland it's everywhere.

You see it every time you fly - the way people meekly accept the most absurd rules and regulations
It's the cameras all over every city
It's the legions of outsourced autocrats everywhere who are "only doing their jobs".

theoretically you can let your tire down and remove it - never tried it.

or angle grinder if you've used one before.

it doesnt work all you are doing is making life hard for yourself and will end up paying the fine anyhow. a good angle grinder is ur only man

I have fantasies about advertising locally for a job as a clamper, and then beating the shit out of everyone who shows up for the interviews.

would have loved to be at that interview any fuckhead puts his hands on me and i will give them A WORLD OF PAIN

I hate the way the clamper guys seem to have no discretion when there is a problem. You have to take it up with the management which is just bullshit, extortion.

You ever think that the decision totake the clamp off is out of the poor guy who is doin the job hands, we all need to eat and we all have the right to feed our offspring, in my case if the way i feed my kids is true the stupidity and carelessness of people who refuse to read signs then so be it. IF PEOPLE READ THE SIGNS AND DIDNT PARK WERE THEY FEEL THE HAD EVERY RITE TO THEN ALL THE CLAMPERS WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB easy as that

Another time I got clamped outside my own gaff for parking up on the kerb, me and 3 others.

Did the blind person hurt himself when he bumpd off the clamp that caused you so much pain(in ur pocket) or how about the poor person in the wheelchair who probably had to put their life at risk by going on the road cause he/she could not get past your car parked on the kerb. damn those people with disabilities making life so hard for able bodied people

I blame the PDs!

Thats right they told you to park there

well my theory that clampers are pricks when they arent at work too is holding up pretty well so far.

Oh no someone put an argument against what i have said and i dont agree with it so i will resort to name calling and insulting people, just because they have a different view than i do. Democracy eh who needs that in my world. get over yourself. there was not 1 single thing i said that was insulting to anyone, all i did was counter argue

Oh no someone put an argument against what i have said and i dont agree with it so i will resort to name calling and insulting people, just because they have a different view than i do. Democracy eh who needs that in my world. get over yourself. there was not 1 single thing i said that was insulting to nyone

The truth hurts apparently.

If you are spending time justifying your job outside of work hours when you know how irate it makes people then you have probably drifted from employee to jobsworth, its probably healthier if you can remain objective about your career outside of work hours. name calling is a very common passtime on this forum, everyone is a prick here.

The truth hurts apparently.

Hurt is too big a word, but posters have labeled all clampers as pricks. it would be easy for me to go on forums and have rants about the bankers and the government when i lost my last job(5 years in college to get it) as a result of the economic downturn. but no i didnt i manned up got off my arse took a job i had no respect for did not become a burden on the state, did not want my kids to see that life is easy on the dole, you really think i enjoy this job think again, its not nice feelng taking money off people when i can clearly see they are broke. but if they had not parked there in the 1st place they would never have to have met me

If you are spending time justifying your job outside of work hours when you know how irate it makes people then you have probably drifted from employee to jobsworth, its probably healthier if you can remain objective about your career outside of work hours. name calling is a very common passtime on this forum, everyone is a prick here.

I am not trying to justify my job at all, its not always the clampers fault people do weird things with there cars like a person who manages to park across 3 disabled spaces is that ok. career ha dont make me laugh its a means to an end that is all.

last time i was clamped i pulled into a place that had been free up untill two weeks before that i parked in since i bought a car, there was one shitty little sign not facing the street side and there was a unmarked van in the neighbourhood who flashed their lights to let me in to the spot. i went for 45 mins and when i came back they had clamped me and 2 bar staff and a guy who was gigging at the bar. cost me 120 euro. i wasnt blocking anything, there were 10-12 free spots in the area and i have a number of friends who live on the street who dont own cars but are entitled to a spot hence my parking there. essentially i wasn't obstructing, blocking, inconveniencing or any other shit excuse a private clamping firm will come up with to clamp me, and the van genuinely invited me into the spot. The only reason there is a clamper on that beat is that a landlord or two have had a chat with one of their mates and signed a few documents to give them the legal right to clamp on that patch. The bar staff and the musician worked for a loss that night, i spend 120 euro for 45 mins in the pub sipping coke. so far as i'm concerned that is just using bye laws to scalp money off people. its a dirty industry, it only spreads negativity, it harms the local businesses, in that case it harmed three businesses and people who have driven there for years got ripped off, if you harm local business then there are less jobs doing valid, useful things and more jobs working for the mob scalping people. it just makes the world a shittier place.

last time i was clamped i pulled into a place that had been free up untill two weeks before that i parked in since i bought a car, there was one shitty little sign not facing the street side and there was a unmarked van in the neighbourhood who flashed their lights to let me in to the spot. i went for 45 mins and when i came back they had clamped me and 2 bar staff and a guy who was gigging at the bar. cost me 120 euro. i wasnt blocking anything, there were 10-12 free spots in the area and i have a number of friends who live on the street who dont own cars but are entitled to a spot hence my parking there. essentially i wasn't obstructing, blocking, inconveniencing or any other shit excuse a private clamping firm will come up with to clamp me, and the van genuinely invited me into the spot. The only reason there is a clamper on that beat is that a landlord or two have had a chat with one of their mates and signed a few documents to give them the legal right to clamp on that patch. The bar staff and the musician worked for a loss that night, i spend 120 euro for 45 mins in the pub sipping coke. so far as i'm concerned that is just using bye laws to scalp money off people. its a dirty industry, it only spreads negativity, it harms the local businesses, in that case it harmed three businesses and people who have driven there for years got ripped off, if you harm local business then there are less jobs doing valid, useful things and more jobs working for the mob scalping people. it just makes the world a shittier place.

I cannot argue with that, it was a scummy thing to do only reason i can think of them doing that is they were on commision but that does not mean i agree with what they did, i do not work on commision, and i no this is hard for you to believe but i try to be as fair as i possibly can but i do have a job to do and i work in tandem with a bloke who is like the ones who did you, he loves it and does not get anything for it. he is a proper jobsworth. all i was trying to illustrate through my posts is that not all clampers are scumbags. i dont care about the company i just do enough to keep them off my back believe me i could DEFINITLY get at least double the amount of clamps that i do get but why should i, i dont get anything extra for it wheter i get 2 or 222.

i have a rule its my rule, if the pen has not hit the paper well then they can go, if the pen hits the paper there is litterally fuck all i can do, only my boss can authorise the free release,and he wont as his bonuses will be affected, and to make sure i cannot take the clamp off and be genorous its in my contract that if there is money missing it COMES OUT OF MY WAGES, this i cannot afford so i have to tell people there is nothing i can do cause there is nothing i can do. its a horrible horrible line of work but like i have said i only do it so my kids dont see the dole as an easy option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back