Clampers (2 Viewers)

i often see the clampers in action down here and it strikes me that when they park outside they car they're 'lifting' they block an entire lane of traffic for the ten to 15 minutes that they doing their action, thus causing more congestion than they actually are supposed to solve

wasn't there a case a few years back in galway (I think) where some feller was parked outside while he was brining his about-to-give-birth oul doll down from the house and he got clamped.

first off he explained to the clamper that he was bring the girl to the hospital... to no avail

then a doctor arrived who said this woman is about to have a baby, please remove the clamp... to no avail

in the end a garda arrived and, if memory serves, paid the clamper himself to remove the clamp so they could head off to the hospital

amazing gobshitery altogether on behalf of the clamper mofo

I then rang back again to speak to an absolute scholar and a gentleman (who told me) his name was Colin. I was crying at the time and he comforted me by telling me its not worth ruining this sunny day by being upset. I explained my situation, he agreed to support my submission with great enthusiasm and promised that an appeals officer would return my application within 14 days. So I am eagerly anticipating he response. I will post my response in due course

I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news but the whole "you should appeal and will have a good chance of getting your money back" is a staple of the NCPS call centre and clampers, they say it just to get the reaction of 'oh he's not so bad and I just need to appeal to get my money back' but in most cases you'll just get a system generated letter saying that you were clamped for parking illegally.

I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news but the whole "you should appeal and will have a good chance of getting your money back" is a staple of the NCPS call centre and clampers, they say it just to get the reaction of 'oh he's not so bad and I just need to appeal to get my money back' but in most cases you'll just get a system generated letter saying that you were clamped for parking illegally.

Well I appealed a clamp they gave me.
clampappeal.jpg

Well I appealed a clamp they gave me.
clampappeal.jpg

Two short questions:
1) When you sent the e-mail trough the online system did you receive any mail bacl that they received your complaint and will come back to you? Something like an autogenerated e-mail ?
2) How long it took for them to give an answer ?

Thanks!

160euro because I left the ticket in my pocket.
633761899407989620-facepalm.jpg

I can't even be angry with them because it was my own dumb fault.

They really are scum. My ex was clamped when moving into her new apartment. They had her done within the hour before she had a chance to put the resident sticker in her window. Yer man did the usual, you'll have to pay but you'll get it back on appeal. They didn't accept laser so he kindly offered to drive her around in search of an atm. After 3 out of service he finally caves and takes the clamp off and takes her number so he can get the money off her later. He asks her out a couple of days later, the dullard.

Another time I got clamped outside my own gaff for parking up on the kerb, me and 3 others. The guy not parked on the kerb blocking the road into the next estate got off scot free. It's absolutely criminal that all this has been outsourced from the councils. It means common sense goes out the window. I blame the PDs!

I have fantasies about advertising locally for a job as a clamper, and then beating the shit out of everyone who shows up for the interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back