Irish Rail tickets question (1 Viewer)

MacDara

Contributor
Website
macdaraconroy.com
Asking here because I’m nowhere near a station and the website refuses to be explicit about an answer:

If I buy a day return ticket from Dundalk to Dublin, is this valid on all trains to Dublin, Enterprise included? Or am I restricted to only the Commuter trains?

Is it the same on other lines where both Commuter rail and Intercity trains stop?

Asking here because I’m nowhere near a station and the website refuses to be explicit about an answer:

If I buy a day return ticket from Dundalk to Dublin, is this valid on all trains to Dublin, Enterprise included? Or am I restricted to only the Commuter trains?

Is it the same on other lines where both Commuter rail and Intercity trains stop?
I can’t speak for the Enterprise but my leap card works regardless of me getting the Commuter or Intercity trains to Maynooth. I’ve only ever bought an enterprise ticket to Belfast and that was over 10 years ago when I used to do that journey.

I've bought tickets online for a specific time, used them for earlier trains and managed to exist the barriers in connolly without any problem, this is on the Sligo line. It says that the ticket is flexible on the website, no idea what that means. I don't think the leap card works for stations beyond a certain point e.g. doesn't work for mullingar, not sure about drogheda or dundalk

Bus Eireann used to do a really annoying thing where they'd sell you a ticket online for a bus operated by the Northern Ireland bus service but the drivers on those buses wouldn't accept it and make you wait for another bus that was operated by bus Eireann. Minor complaint from the past that I'm still raging about.

I asked on Twitter and Irish Rail told me “a ticket purchased at the station is valid on Commuter/Enterprise services. Tickets/Bookings online are valid for the departure time specified on the booking and printed on the ticket.” The first half of that statement is good enough for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back