Clampers (1 Viewer)

You ever think that the decision totake the clamp off is out of the poor guy who is doin the job hands, we all need to eat and we all have the right to feed our offspring, in my case if the way i feed my kids is true the stupidity and carelessness of people who refuse to read signs then so be it. IF PEOPLE READ THE SIGNS AND DIDNT PARK WERE THEY FEEL THE HAD EVERY RITE TO THEN ALL THE CLAMPERS WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB easy as that

Did you even read my post?

The clamper ;

i think you've made two fair points here, that people who do unpopular jobs are not necessarily the very embodiment of the job and within those jobs there is no obligation to milk the position of authority. thats fair enough. the things people are saying on here arent obviously directed at you as person, more at the role of the private clamper in society. i have noticed that you've mentioned that decision to go for the job was a family thing and if its financial then its understandable - however if its

its a horrible horrible line of work but like i have said i only do it so my kids dont see the dole as an easy option.

then i would disagree.
A few months ago i was ticketed by a legit parking attendant. he stuck a sticker to my window stating what law i broke and what time he saw my car at. the invoice for the fine was attached, and it clearly explained that if i paid within a week i got the fine at a certain price, if waited longer the price doubled and if i didn't pay then i'd be going to court. i got into my car, paid the fine by phone and drove away. the fine was 30 quid rather than 120.
If it was a private clamper and i'd overstayed my time, or was blocking a gate or was in a disability spot or taking a two spots or on a double yellow, the clamp makes it impossible for me to immediately solve the problem by removing my car. if its a genuine parking offense, a clamp makes the problem go on for longer - in my case my car was going to remain clamped in the offending spot for 24 hours, so now the car that was in the way for 45 mins is now blocking the way for 24hours and 45 minutes. Essentially what these firms do is put your car in a hostage situation. I would class private clamping in ireland as rent seeking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent-seeking#Description_of_concept

and basically think that the higher moral ground would probably be on the dole.

Did the blind person hurt himself when he bumpd off the clamp that caused you so much pain(in ur pocket) or how about the poor person in the wheelchair who probably had to put their life at risk by going on the road cause he/she could not get past your car parked on the kerb. damn those people with disabilities making life so hard for able bodied people

Thats right they told you to park there

Haha, I'm sure you're just trolling here but there was plenty of room for a wheelchair to go past even if it wasn't an overgrown, disused footpath on the opposite side of the street to the main walkway into the estate beyond mine.

Interesting. So the lad who clamped me last week as I got to the car then made me wait ages while he typed it into his machine could have just taken it off? Maybe I should have offered a bribe.
Thanks at least for responding Mr Clamper. I don't hate clampers quite so much now. Just a bit.

it doesnt work all you are doing is making life hard for yourself and will end up paying the fine anyhow. a good angle grinder is ur only man

a mate of mine did that. Clamped by a private company he had the option of paying the fine (100 quid or so) or hiring an angle grinder (30 quid for the day). He went for option 2, got the clamp off and legged it.

The trick is to make sure you dispose of the clamp. If you leave it lying there you'll be caught. If you put it somewhere it'll never be found they'll probably forget they ever clamped you in the first place. My mate never heard another thing about it.

As far as i know with private companies there's not a lot they can do if you remove the clamp and piss off,different story with the city council lads though.Having said that,when living in ranelagh i went out one evening to find someone had removed the clamp from their car and dumped it in my front garden.I shoulda kept it and started my own business.

clamps.jpg

i dont think so. its a cul de sac with a few apartment blocks and a few houses, which would fall under a few landlords and a few are privately owned and theres a few businesses, so i suppose its at least a public right of way up untill you go into a parking spot. So far as i could find out at the time the way it works is that the residents or landlords have to agree to the clamping firm operating in the area. I could be wrong about that.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie said:
[h=3]Vehicle clamping[/h]Vehicle clamping is in place in the cities of Dublin, Cork and Galway. Services are operated in these cities by private companies on behalf of the local authority. Employees of the vehicle clamping company are entitled to clamp (and de-clamp vehicles) and issue clamping notices for vehicles that are in violation of the parking regulations. Clamping services are also common in car parks of hotels, hospitals, universities and shopping centres to discourage long-term parking at the expense of staff, customers or clients. Clamping on private property is not covered by legislation and the legality of clamping on private property is unclear.

well, thats that dealt with so.

jesus. supposedly (i was reading five minutes ago at the above link) that towing is considered a last ditch thing. were you side ways on the m50 or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back