Clampers (2 Viewers)

evil bandit

Website
Visit site
Bit of a rant I'm afraid

I was clamped in Portmarnock DART station about two weeks ago, I had a ticket on my dashboard but when I got out of my car it blew off my dash and landed face up on the passenger seat so the fuck nut who clamped me either saw the ticket and ignored it as it wasn't on my dashbaord or was to fucking inbred to bother looking past the dashboard and onto the passenger seat.

I called the clamper and showed him the ticket on the seat but he said he couldn't remove it without payment, we argued for about 5 minutes then I paid it as I was in a rush but assumed that on appeal, once I explained the situation, sent in a copy of my ticket and picture of my car being parked besdie the ticket machine that I would get a refund. The lad who removed my clamp even gave me his name as he said it would be "an open and shut appeal" and that "the appeals board have common sense"

I recieved a template letter today saying that my appeal had been rejected as I was parked in a pay and display area with no ticket. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I sent in a three page letter explaining everything, that I'd be on CCTV getting my ticket if they checked it, gave them the clampers name, sent copies of invoices, tickets, pictures of my car and the DART station and all I got back was a two paragraph system generated letter. :mad:

Anyway does anyone know if their is a higher body to take this to above the appeals people? It's a private carpark so Fingal county counci won't care and it's nothing to do with CIE.

I've gotten the name of the N.C.P.S. CEO and might send him a copy of my letter along with a new one if only to waste his time for a few minutes.... Technically I was in the wrong as the ticket I had wasn't on the dashboard or in clear view but it could still be made out from the pasenger seat ffs :mad:

I'm currently thinking of sneaking down to the car park later tonight in the cover of darkness and glueing the slots on four machines shut and repeating that move every month until I feel I've had my revenge.

I used the small claims court once (for a mobile phone) and it worked. Would recommend. I think you have a good case. The clamp is clocked at a certain time and you have a ticket for that time. Open and shut hopefully. The District Court judge might not have much regard for rules such as "in clear view" or "company policy" where it conflicts with the law. The clamper should never have clamped you. I wonder if they photograph your vehicle like the council do. For some reason, I doubt it. If they did they probably would have noticed the ticket. Companies often have technically illegal policies which they concede on a case by case basis (e.g. mobile phone returns policies, doctors' cancellation fees).

I got clamped in Dalkey Dart Station. It was pouring rain, after 7 pm on a Saturday evening, and not seeing any signs I presumed it was ok to park there. My mistake - there are signs, which don't have very big print, and it's 24 hour clamping. The fine was a stunning €125 (by way of contrast, the council parking ticket is €50), which I paid over the phone and then the clamper came along. He unclamped a different car, I asked him would he unclamp mine next, 'yes, no problem' and then he sat in his van for 10 minutes. Eventually I got out of my car and let him know what I thought. I wouldn't have if he didn't let me sit there for 10 minutes while he caught up with his paperwork, waiting for a break in the rain. He was well able to give the guff back as well.

I think it's a real money maker for Iarnrod Eireann.

Good idea for revenge (although you have a better reason than me to do so). It's probably cctved? Would be good if you could get away with it.

The problem with the revenge idea is the clampers will have a field day on all the cars who have no ticket becasue they couldn't buy one.

I hate the way the clamper guys seem to have no discretion when there is a problem. You have to take it up with the management which is just bullshit, extortion.

small claims court as a last resort?

That seems to be the common concensus alright.

Is this the APCOA crew? They're a shower of shites.

No it's NCPS, these cunts http://www.ncps.ie/

The problem with the revenge idea is the clampers will have a field day on all the cars who have no ticket because they couldn't buy one.

I don't think they'd have enough clamps for the car park and the onus is on them to assure that you can get a ticket at all times...... probably

get a bolt cutters and cut the clamp off.

How much are bolt cutters and where would one go about getting one? A lad I used to work with had one in his boot for such occasions.

some fuckwit had parked in such a way as to block our whole carpark entrance. if you cut that clamp off be sure to put it in the freecycle in case i see that van again.

find some dog shit....spread on clamp, call clampers to have it removed, deny any knowledge of shit on clamp.....and also charge them for a new window,as the stickers fucking ruin your window and never really come off

Trying to get out of clamps without paying can get you in trouble.
I deflated my tyre in DCU and drove out of the clamp after being clamped despite parked properly. Fuckers got all threatening.

skit in Balls of Steel TV show where they clamp a clamper's van. very funny. also some irish show too where some lads were dared to do it.

you mean I could be making Balls of Steel TV programs, I'm over here programming computers like a sucker?
sake.

you could build an infinite clamp chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back