Squad for Poland game announced (1 Viewer)

He's definitely still out of Palace's first eleven, given that he plays for Reading.

yeah my bad! He is in replacing O'Dea anyway.

so now 3 of the original midfielders are out - pilkington, mcgeady & myler - with only paul grenn called up. he didnt even play for leeds at the weekend like. why not fahey? or clifford?

gibson was asked but declined due to lack of fitness, he maybe back for th qualifiers.

why not fahey? or clifford?

Fahey is on compassionate leave and back in Ireland. Clifford is a free agent who couldn't even hold down a loan with Crawley Town, unless there's something you know about him that the rest of the world doesn't?

Could've given Stephen Quinn a call-up. He's developed physically and is a key player for Hull this season. Reports from when he played against my preferred club, Huddersfield, was that he was real quality. His brother Alan got in plenty of squads despite being fairly mediocre (for that time, he'd probably be a bloody starter these days).

Shame about Clifford....he had a good spell at Plymouth. Peter Reid said lots of nice things about him. Just doesn't seem to have kicked on at all.

Here's the Ireland team for tomorrow, apparently:

Forde
McShane / O'Shea / Clark / Cunningham
Brady / McCarthy / Whelan / McClean
Long / Sammon

Back to 4-4-2 so.. Why couldn't we use this game to give the 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1) with Hoolahan a proper go?

I hope he at least gets the whole second half (Hoolahan).. I've nothing against Sammon (as mentioned previously, currently the top scorer of our batch of Championship forwards), but with Trap comparing him to Folan and playing him alongside Long with 2 in the middle basically indicates we're back to smacking high balls at the front men and bypassing midfield. Might work, in the short term, but it's hardly going to help us when Sweden and Germany come around.

makes no sense to partner sammon with long in my eyes, as i'd imagine they wont start together against sweden or austria. i would love to see long and walters start then with hoolahan in behind them or acting as a 5th mid player behind long.

im sure the back 4 against sweden will be coleman, o'shea, dunne (if fit) and ward, so why mcshane is at rb when we know what he cannot do, it was a good chance to start keogh there. happy clark and cunningham in there tho, but im sure o'dea or kelly will get the nod to partner o'shea for the qualifier.

read fahey been on compassionate leave since Nov only last night so hopefully he will join up again soon. i do believe he is more creative and a better passer then whelan and andrews and is perfect to partner mccarthy, with hoolahan ahead of them.

im sure pearce and hendrick will get a run out too.

Could've given Stephen Quinn a call-up. He's developed physically and is a key player for Hull this season. Reports from when he played against my preferred club, Huddersfield, was that he was real quality. His brother Alan got in plenty of squads despite being fairly mediocre (for that time, he'd probably be a bloody starter these days).

Shame about Clifford....he had a good spell at Plymouth. Peter Reid said lots of nice things about him. Just doesn't seem to have kicked on at all.

that when they played at sheffield utd together? back in the day when mcphail would get a call up!

as for clifford, ok he couldnt make it into chelsea's first 11, but no english player can either and since he used to captain their youth team i'm sure he aint in the same league as fuckin green?!

makes no sense to partner sammon with long in my eyes, as i'd imagine they wont start together against sweden or austria. i would love to see long and walters start then with hoolahan in behind them or acting as a 5th mid player behind long.

im sure the back 4 against sweden will be coleman, o'shea, dunne (if fit) and ward, so why mcshane is at rb when we know what he cannot do, it was a good chance to start keogh there. happy clark and cunningham in there tho, but im sure o'dea or kelly will get the nod to partner o'shea for the qualifier.

read fahey been on compassionate leave since Nov only last night so hopefully he will join up again soon. i do believe he is more creative and a better passer then whelan and andrews and is perfect to partner mccarthy, with hoolahan ahead of them.

im sure pearce and hendrick will get a run out too.

Coleman's been poor at right back for Everton this season. He's great going forward alright but in Traps system he won't be allowed cross the halfway line anyway. Far better in midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back