Squad vs Thatcher, Stalin, Dolly the Sheep and Franco (1 Viewer)

The sending off made that into a training exercise.. About as laboured a 4-0 win as you can get but I'm glad we racked up a few to make it look respectable anyway. Hoolahan's impact very restricted when he was sitting deeper in the 1st half, the 2nd when he was further forward showed how he should be used, but it's hard to see Trap having the courage to do that if we're not facing an inferior side with a man less. Keane's goals may have been set up for him on a plate, but you could see the difference in finishing/instinct between himself and Long, Long with the ball at his feet unfortunately needs several chances to put one away even if he has a lot more to his all round game than Keane has now. Good to see Dunne back, would be great if he was clear of the injuries now and had one campaign left in him.

Cole is a good player, Baines is a better player.
Give it a rest for Christ's sake.

So what did we learn from that? Andy Keogh should never play for Ireland again, and I strongly suspect he won't. Cox was fucking slow and out of shape. Richard Keogh has a weird way of stabbing the ball when he passes it and he looked very nervous. Wilson has a stupid beard.
That's about it.

So what did we learn from that?

Robbie pisses all over Shane Long when it comes to taking his chances.

McShane should never play right back.

Trap's a fucking senile madman to persist with Keogh on the wing, half a decade after his performance in Bari showed that he's not a winger.

If we need goals against the Faroes, which we do, Hoolahan should start if fit.

Hendrick could be an excellent player for us.

Full starting lineup:
Code:
	  Westwood
Wilson, McShane, R Keogh, Delaney
A Keogh, McCarthy, Hoolahan, McClean
	  Cox, Long

Giving the 2nd string a chance at least gives a shred of interest to this game.
Looks like a straight-up 4-4-2 yet again though (unless Cox is on the wing or some
shit) - why?.. Pity Brady withdrew, would've liked to see him play a full game.

having not seen the game i cant believe that was how trapp lined up the back four! wilson is a left back, delaney a centre back while mcshane if a fuckwit! if anything i think delaney should have been in the centre with keogh with wilson and kelly as full backs. its for this reason that cunningham and o'brien should have been called up!

hope that hoolahan starts alongside whelan on friday. not a whelan fan but we dont have another defensive centre mid player in the squad. i'd imagine myler and quinn a bit more attack minded that what trapp wants.

keogh and cox shouldn;t play any more, along with mcshane in my eyes and its pity brady and pilkington werent able to play.

My god, some of the names we're bandying about in here. Is it any wonder we want to talk about The Best Left Back In The World, Love-rattery's Very Own Cashley Gold. Seriously. Would Cheryl marry Paul McShame? Not even Kerry Katona would marry Paul McShame.

I just Hope Connor Sammon starts. He's the future.

Team vs Dolly the Sheep:
Code:
	  Forde
Coleman  O'Shea	St Ledger   Wilson
McGeady  Whelan  Hoolahan  Walters
	 Cox  Keane
At least I'm assuming that it's Cox up front and not Walters.
Conor Sammon cruelly overlooked but I'm sure we'll see him in the 2nd half.

Team vs Dolly the Sheep:
Code:
	  Forde
Coleman  O'Shea	St Ledger  Wilson
McGeady  Whelan  Hoolahan  Walters
	 Cox  Keane
At least I'm assuming that it's Cox up front and not Walters.
Conor Sammon cruelly overlooked but I'm sure we'll see him in the 2nd half.

Do you think we'll ever see McCarthy and Hoolihan start a match together ? I assume Long is injured ? He goes out and scores against the "6th best team in the world" and looks dangerous, rewarded by being dropped, Cox did very little and gets a starting place.

Bizarre. Should be an easy win of course but we have to go out and try to get our goal difference back to a plus. The target should be 6-0.

Edit, actually wait a second who is Dolly the Sheep again ? That's the Faroes right ? this system of thread naming is messing with me wires all over the gaf.

Long's suspended for this game, same with McCarthy.. I think/hope that Long, McCarthy and Coleman have proved their worth in Trap's eyes over the last few games and that none of them will be dropped when available from now on. I suspect Hoolahan will continue to be seen as a luxury player for playing against weaker sides or for a 15 minute runout at the end, but Trap seemed happy enough that he'd fulfilled his engine room / workhorse duties in the 1st half the other day so who knows.

Long's suspended for this game, same with McCarthy.. I think/hope that Long, McCarthy and Coleman have proved their worth in Trap's eyes over the last few games and that none of them will be dropped when available from now on. I suspect Hoolahan will continue to be seen as a luxury player for playing against weaker sides or for a 15 minute runout at the end, but Trap seemed happy enough that he'd fulfilled his engine room / workhorse duties in the 1st half the other day so who knows.

Long, Coleman and McCarthy will always start from now on. Even if Trap was 84 and even more senile, he'd still be able to see that they must when fit.
Hoolahan has shown he can do the tracking back, tacklinh and he's pacy enough. Whelan is a slow cunt and Andrews is coming back from a very bad injury and is 33 in September. Hendricks looks decent but he's still raw. The place is there for Wes, imo. A good show tomorrow night and he'll be very hard to drop.
Trap will probably think he'd be a safe bet to play against Sweden et al as he has our Gattuso in Whelan alongside him. *roll eyes* etc etc.

I hate Whelan more than any other Irish player ever.

The RTE panel last night was an extraordinary moanfest.. Apparently when the players the pundits champion have a quiet game it's because Trapattoni has ruined them by making them 'afraid'. There's justified criticism, and there's a fairly routine 3-0 win at a time when the players want to be on holiday (and against opposition who while they may be minnows rarely get tonked). Brady is totally biased the other way, but without him there's no semblance of balance, Sadlier is just Dunphy's more reasonable understudy.

If anyone gives us a hope of winning the games in September then Austria beating Sweden was a good result for us, makes it a tight 3-horse race instead of Sweden having the clear upper hand. Also makes that last minute concession against Austria all the more galling, we'd be in a strong position now with the 2 extra points.

The RTE panel last night was an extraordinary moanfest.. Apparently when the players the pundits champion have a quiet game it's because Trapattoni has ruined them by making them 'afraid'. There's justified criticism, and there's a fairly routine 3-0 win at a time when the players want to be on holiday (and against opposition who while they may be minnows rarely get tonked). Brady is totally biased the other way, but without him there's no semblance of balance, Sadlier is just Dunphy's more reasonable understudy.

If anyone gives us a hope of winning the games in September then Austria beating Sweden was a good result for us, makes it a tight 3-horse race instead of Sweden having the clear upper hand. Also makes that last minute concession against Austria all the more galling, we'd be in a strong position now with the 2 extra points.

I didn't even bother watching it to be honest. The Austria result has to be looked at as a complete disaster now. We have to go and get at least a draw there and beat Sweden then hope Germany don't slip up anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back