Squad vs Thatcher, Stalin, Dolly the Sheep and Franco (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Goalkeepers: Forde (Millwall), Westwood (Sunderland), Randolph (Motherwell).
Defenders:
O’Shea (Sunderland), St Ledger (Leicester City), Delaney (Crystal Palace), R Keogh (Derby County), Wilson (Stoke City), Coleman (Everton), Kelly (Reading), O’Dea (Toronto), McShane (Hull City).
Midfielders:
Whelan (Stoke City), McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Green (Leeds United), Hendrick (Derby County), McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Pilkington (Norwich City), McClean (Sunderland), Brady (Hull City), Meyler (Hull City), Keogh (Millwall).
Forwards:
Keane (LA Galaxy), Long (West Brom), Sammon (Derby County), Walters (Stoke City), Cox (Nottingham Forest), Hoolahan (Norwich City).

32 yr old Palace whippersnapper Delaney instead of Joey O'Brien is vintage Trap. I guess Pearce needs to be playing also.
Otherwise no real surprises I guess. Pilkington to start against Ingerland.

We have a shocking amount of average players these days.. but there's not really anybody obvious being left out (besides O'Brien, as mentioned.. I don't get Trap's blind spot towards him), so I suppose it's the best you could hope for. You'd imagine that the Faroes qualifier being sandwiched in the middle will prevent the more experienced heads dropping out as they usually would for an end of season gathering. Hopefully Pilkington finally makes it onto the pitch this time.

It's one of those odd situations where our top scorer in the squad this season is John Walters who doesn't even play up front for Stoke.

I'd love to see Trap go out on a limb and try something different. 4-3-3 maybe Walters Long and Hoolihan up front with McCarthy, Pilkington and either Whelan or Green in behind them ?

When you look at that defence, does anyone else shudder ?

Goalkeepers: Forde (Millwall), Westwood (Sunderland), Randolph (Motherwell).
Defenders: O’Shea (Sunderland), St Ledger (Leicester City), Delaney (Crystal Palace), R Keogh (Derby County), Wilson (Stoke City), Coleman (Everton), Kelly (Reading), O’Dea (Toronto), McShane (Hull City).
Midfielders: Whelan (Stoke City), McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Green (Leeds United), Hendrick (Derby County), McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Pilkington (Norwich City), McClean (Sunderland), Brady (Hull City), Meyler (Hull City), Keogh (Millwall).
Forwards: Keane (LA Galaxy), Long (West Brom), Sammon (Derby County), Walters (Stoke City), Cox (Nottingham Forest), Hoolahan (Norwich City).

32 yr old Palace whippersnapper Delaney instead of Joey O'Brien is vintage Trap. I guess Pearce needs to be playing also.
Otherwise no real surprises I guess. Pilkington to start against Ingerland.

I saw Delaney playing for Crystal Palace earlier this year and he was outrun by Kevin Phillips! We're not blessed with pace at centreback that's for sure.

Is anyone planning on going to the England game? I'm still undecided as it looks like I'd have to sit with opposing fans, and while it should all be grand, it might just be less hassle to watch it on the box.

You'll fairly easily get tickets through the FAI for this, even if not already a registered away traveling supporter, as long as you have your passport number etx

You'll fairly easily get tickets through the FAI for this, even if not already a registered away traveling supporter, as long as you have your passport number etx

Thanks for that. I've just seen on the English FA's website that they've been given tickets for away fans too so that's me sorted.

so no pilkington or keane for the friendlies. i'd like to see trapp try long up front with hoolahan behind him and perhaps trying a midfield of mcclean, mccarthy, meyler & brady. with andrews injured and gibson a no go and knowing what green & whelan can or cannot do then why not try meyler alonside mccarthy i say. wilson, o'shea, delaney/st ledge and coleman as back four

Stephen Quinn of Hull called up to replace Paul Green who's injured. Dickie Dunne is training with the squad but unlikely to play any matches. Must be last chance saloon for him at this stage, Villa are releasing him and he hasn't kicked a ball all year. About Pilkington, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt this time as you'd expect Hughton to make him available for Ireland if he was fit, but if he doesn't show up for the Wales game in August then you'd really have to wonder whether he's bothered.

Just heard a piece about Ireland's last visit to Wembley back in '91 on Irish radio. What a performance that was.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I couldn't agree more. The result was a major disappointment, especially after battering England for most of the second half. But wasn't the losing a 3-1 lead away to Poland later that year the real nail in the coffin of qualification? I remember being totally gutted after that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back