Ireland vs 'Whoever' and Stalin (1 Viewer)

I think the first Ireland match I went to was an inconsequential friendly against Wales at Lansdowne Rd sometime around 1993 or 94, all I remember from it is dickhead kids in front of me gobbing phlegm on the back of some lad because he was wearing a Man Utd jacket..I definitely remember the first actual match I saw, my uncle brought me and my brother to see the League Cup final between Bohemians and Derry City in Dalymount in 1992, 90 minutes of terrible hoofball and no goals, we left as it was approaching full time and heard the cheers from the winner being scored in injury time as we were walking back to the car, think it was a while before I wanted to go to another match..

Seeing as we're reminiscing- my first Ireland game was v Morocco in Dalymount Park immediately after Italia 90. We won one nothing and despite being right behind the nets I missed the goal as I was watching some oul one push her Mars-bar laden pram down the terrace. Can't remember much else apart from the crowd singing "let him die" at an injured Moroccan lad. 20 odd years later I was in almost the same spot and broke a tooth in the celebrations following a late Rovers equaliser, good times.

That was the last Irish match played there I believe. I was at the one before that in '89
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice to hear Ray Treacy there as co-commentator

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back