Ireland vs Olive Cromwell and Robert The Bruce (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Who needs 90s bequiffed pop-socked Grealish to do the business (on the one hand he said September so we should respect that, on the other get your finger and nail your colours to a mast) when we have have of our squad in next year's Championship. Watch out across the water, you're fucked. Six points, no sweat, for the boys in green.

Forde
Given
Westwood
Randolph

Coleman
R Keogh
O’Shea
Wilson
Christie
Pearce
McShane
Ward

McGeady
McCarthy
Arter
McClean
Pilkington Hendrick
Whelan
Brady
Judge
Quinn
Meyler
Hoolahan

Keane
Doyle
Walters

Long
Stokes
Cox

Murphy
McGoldrick
Rooney

Rooney is probably worth the callup, top scorer in the SPL.. Dunno much about Judge but Brentford have had a good season. The Grealish thing is the new Stephen Ireland / James McCarthy / Coleman / McClean press saga isn't it? Every Ireland squad announcement will be about him until he decides one way or another. Hopefully Hull somehow manage to avoid the drop, that would be about a quarter of the Ireland squad relegated in one go. I'd rather the order of the matches was reversed, potential for player injuries and crowd nastiness with the England game that you don't want lingering ahead of the vital qualifier game, also the possibility of a demoralizing home defeat - who am I kidding, it'll be 1-1 like always..

Hey @pete, can you change William of Orange to Robert the Bruce in the heading there as its not like you've anything better to be doing, and you can take some credit in Ireland's victory on 13 June.

I got up at 6am to watch the 2nd half (I'm on the west coast of the US at the moment).. Got more out of the cutaway to Charlton chatting with Paul McGrath than anything on the pitch. Positives: we didn't lose, no injuries, no riots (yet).. Given managed to look shaky despite not having much to do in 30 minutes, Westwood should probably start the Scotland game.

Scotland are dire. The team selection and substitutions were all wrong. Murphy couldn't move after 55mins but wasn't swopped for Long until 80 mins.

I was there. Too gutted to write anything now. Dancing in Anseo temporarily had me back to an even keel before I slept.

Scotchland, Wales and Norn Iron are all on course to qualify. How humiliating is that?

It'll be like an inverse World Cup 1994, every 'British Isles' team there except us.. That game yesterday had so much riding on it, this group looks like a grim trudge towards 4th place for us now, unless the Scots slip up in Georgia.. Probably going to be 4th seeds in the next qualifying draw too, not that being 2nd seeds this time has done us any good. O'Neill's been out-thought twice by Strachan, there was plenty of effort yesterday but I didn't see any real cleverness to the attack plan, it was just brute force and whack endless crosses in and hope something falls in the right place.

Brute force is all O'Neill's ever had in his arsenal. Hartson and Suttong elbowing their way through all the McTavishes who were never good enough to play in the English third division. Neil fucking Lennon. Neil FUCKING Lennon. How can you entrust the football of this country to man who played Neil FUCKING Lennon 6 milion times? There's a lack of imagination in pretty much everything we do , from the pitch to the upper echelons of the FAI. And Keano's bringing that sure touch that worked so well at VIlla last season.

I say we take off and nuke the whole thing from space. It's the only way to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back