Squad vs Thatcher, Stalin, Dolly the Sheep and Franco (1 Viewer)

Team vs Franco:
Code:
		Forde
McShane  St Ledger  O'Dea  Kelly
Coleman  McCarthy  Hendrick  Keogh
	Keane  Sammon
McShane, Sammon, Keogh and O'Dea start - Trap's plan here is clearly not just to defeat Spain, but to do it in a way that means they have to quit international football entirely out of embarrassment afterwards.

Team vs Franco:
Code:
		Forde
McShane  St Ledger  O'Dea  Kelly
Coleman  McCarthy  Hendrick  Keogh
	Keane  Sammon
McShane, Sammon, Keogh and O'Dea start - Trap's plan here is clearly not just to defeat Spain, but to do it in a way that means they have to quit international football entirely out of embarrassment afterwards.

What's there side like though ?

I'm going to try to put together a Spain third XI where no one has a whole load of caps

Here goes

Lopez
Juanfran Ruiz Sanchez Monreal

Comacho Arteta Koke

Conales

Negredo Soldado

Less than 50 caps between them and they'd still wipe the floor with out first XI.

What's there side like though ?

I'm going to try to put together a Spain third XI where no one has a whole load of caps

Here goes

Lopez
Juanfran Ruiz Sanchez Monreal

Comacho Arteta Koke

Conales

Negredo Soldado

Less than 50 caps between them and they'd still wipe the floor with out first XI.

Wiki said that their confed cup squad is the following:
1 GK Iker Casillas (c)
2 DF Raúl Albiol
3 DF Gerard Piqué
4 MF Javi Martínez
5 DF César Azpilicueta
6 MF Andrés Iniesta
7 FW David Villa
8 MF Xavi Hernández
9 FW Fernando Torres
10 MF Cesc Fàbregas
11 FW Pedro Rodríguez
12 GK Víctor Valdés
13 MF Juan Mata
14 FW Roberto Soldado
15 DF Sergio Ramos
16 MF Sergio Busquets
17 DF Álvaro Arbeloa
18 DF Jordi Alba
19 DF Nacho Monreal
20 MF Santi Cazorla
21 MF David Silva
22 MF Jesús Navas
23 GK Pepe Reina

I assume that's who they'll be selecting from for tomorrow. Any combination of those would destroy us.

Wiki said that their confed cup squad is the following:
1 GK Iker Casillas (c)
2 DF Raúl Albiol
3 DF Gerard Piqué
4 MF Javi Martínez
5 DF César Azpilicueta
6 MF Andrés Iniesta
7 FW David Villa
8 MF Xavi Hernández
9 FW Fernando Torres
10 MF Cesc Fàbregas
11 FW Pedro Rodríguez
12 GK Víctor Valdés
13 MF Juan Mata
14 FW Roberto Soldado
15 DF Sergio Ramos
16 MF Sergio Busquets
17 DF Álvaro Arbeloa
18 DF Jordi Alba
19 DF Nacho Monreal
20 MF Santi Cazorla
21 MF David Silva
22 MF Jesús Navas
23 GK Pepe Reina

I assume that's who they'll be selecting from for tomorrow. Any combination of those would destroy us.
Our only hope is that that lunatic in charge plays with no strikers, no wingers and insists that 60% of all their passing is backwards. I wonder when Xavi will have a breakdown in the centre circle and start crying "Please, God there has to be more to life than this ? help me!!!"

I wonder what he dreams about ? Probably getting fat and smoking cigarettes.

Huge chance for Sammon but he missed by a mile. So far it's been the epitome of bunker ball, followed by brief passages of us passing it for a few seconds, being forced backwards and then lumping it 50 yards to Sammon. It's not fair they're playing their first team, the cunts !!!

It should probably be 2-1 to them but we've defended manfully thus far. Thank christ they have no width, Villa went looking for the ball a bit and we looked comfortable, he's playing right on the last man now and causing problems.

1-0 to them. Sloppy, but Saldados finish was excellent, pity, we looked comfortable for a while there. Jesus Navas is bringing a bit of width to them down the right, the pitch is really tight though. St Ledger and Forde have done really well, McCarthy and Quinn look wrecked from chasing the extra man around in midfield.

2-0, Brilliant from Spain Mata and Cazorla ripped the middle of our defence to pieces. Harsh really.

Sammon actually did okay, though I doubt Ramos and Pique have ever played against anything like him before. We did okay really.

That second spanish goal was lovely.

Thought Ireland, especially that Ireland lineup, did quite well tonight. Fair play to Sammon, he did well. Dave McEntyre on commentary for Setanta said that Trap didn't do him many favours by selecting him as just a target man. I think Trap has done Sammon enough favours already by picking him at all.

We looked shattered at the end. Not the shamefest I was expecting. Tough on St Ledger he did well throughout, O Dea was okay too. Playing 4 in midfield against Spain is just asking for trouble and for what he asked McCarthy and Hendrick and then Quinn to do, i.e the impossible, you can't fault them for effort. Sammon had decent feet tonight....I know... Yeah, I was shocked too. Coleman did okay looked assured on the ball but never got to go too far forward, Kelly was good enough in the first half but had his hands full with Navas. McClean had a great chance and should have scored. Keane and Cox must have gotten 4 touches between them.

We booted away possession a lot, but when we tried to pass it we actually looked okay. Overall it was a decent watch. For them Soldado, Mata, Fabregas and Cazorla came off the bench for Xavi, Ineasta, Villa and Pedro they passed it quicker and looked more direct, so not boring. Good match all round. Now to watch Mexico and Costa Rica.

Real pity about the McClean chance (which was a fantastic save from Casillas) / St Ledger goal, I think we'd have held out for the 1-1 if that had counted. Did pretty well overall considering it was like a small 3-legged mongrel chasing a prize-winning greyhound around. We looked really shaky early on and settled down after 10 or 15 minutes. Good discipline and closing down and we had a handful of nice passing moves towards the end. Encouraging to see McCarthy trying to stamp his authority in midfield. I don't think it'll count for much when the competitive games kick back in because the approach will have to be totally different but it's a good experience for the likes of McCarthy, Coleman, Hendrick, Quinn, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back