Squad for Poland game announced (1 Viewer)

I missed it thanks to time zones, being in work, etc.. From the reports it sounds like Green was actually one of our better players. I'm delighted that Hoolahan got the goal, should have been on from the start (and having seen it there, intelligent little through ball from Hendrick to set him up). Glad that we won against a decent side but the reversion to the standard Trap bunker ball + hoofing approach when we clearly have the options to do better now is depressing and I'm fully expecting to see more of the same in Stockholm next month.

t
as for clifford, ok he couldnt make it into chelsea's first 11, but no english player can either and since he used to captain their youth team i'm sure he aint in the same league as fuckin green?!

Last time I checked John Terry was English. You are assuming Clifford is good cos he played for Chelsea youth, but ignore the fact that he hasn't progressed and is now a free agent who can;t even hold down a place at Crawley Town. Even Paul Green plays at a higher level, but you still think Clifford has earned a call up? You are talking through your hoop.

I was at this, and it was like an away game. It must have been 2 poles to every 1 irish person, or at least that's how it felt. At least there was an atmosphere and the Poles are marvellously fatalistic. Shit game tho. Shit team. Paul Green was actually pretty good when he came on, which tells you all you need to know about how that match panned out.

Conor Sammon's touch is worse than Corcolash's. It's a shame you're British, Corm. There's a space for you on that team.

Check this out:

Westwood
Coleman Dunne O'Shea Wilson
McGeady McCarthy Gibson Hoolahan Pilkington
Long

That's a pretty decent team isn't it?

That team would beat Sweden if Ibrahimovitch was injured.

I don't think so. For a start, has anyone seen Richard Dunne in the last 8 months? I'd say he's teh size of a sperm whale right abou tnow. Wilson's got a broken leg, although he's still our best option there. O'Shea...well jesus... i can't believe Carra is retireing with what would have been a decent medal haul 20 years ago, but a haul that pales in comparision to John O'Shea's. Football isn't fair. Also, can Seamus coleman defend? I don't think so.

The tactics, a 4231, 451 or 4411 are some interesting modern thinking. It'll never happen. Hoolahan has committed the grievous sin of actually wanting the football, and being able to do something with it. He's out. I mean, ask your self one question, Wes, can you hoof? well, can ya? pilkington wouldn't get a game. No chance. I don't see why Dorrynt Gibson should get a game, he seems to act the dick. Stephen Ireland wouldn't get this kind of leeway, how does Dirron do it? Also, it's Trap we're talking about here, innit. Where's your Glen Whelan? No Glen, no game.

Why on EARTH would you pick shane Long, hungry, fast, young, fit, string, a constant pain in the hole and a premier league footballer when you have early retirement's very own Hollywood Robbie? ANd finally, goalkeepers tend to be better when they play the occasional game of football.

I don't think so. For a start, has anyone seen Richard Dunne in the last 8 months? I'd say he's teh size of a sperm whale right abou tnow. Wilson's got a broken leg, although he's still our best option there. O'Shea...well jesus... i can't believe Carra is retireing with what would have been a decent medal haul 20 years ago, but a haul that pales in comparision to John O'Shea's. Football isn't fair. Also, can Seamus coleman defend? I don't think so.

The tactics, a 4231, 451 or 4411 are some interesting modern thinking. It'll never happen. Hoolahan has committed the grievous sin of actually wanting the football, and being able to do something with it. He's out. I mean, ask your self one question, Wes, can you hoof? well, can ya? pilkington wouldn't get a game. No chance. I don't see why Dorrynt Gibson should get a game, he seems to act the dick. Stephen Ireland wouldn't get this kind of leeway, how does Dirron do it? Also, it's Trap we're talking about here, innit. Where's your Glen Whelan? No Glen, no game.

Why on EARTH would you pick shane Long, hungry, fast, young, fit, string, a constant pain in the hole and a premier league footballer when you have early retirement's very own Hollywood Robbie? ANd finally, goalkeepers tend to be better when they play the occasional game of football.

I think you missed the gist of what I was trying to say, which is this is the kind of team we could have against Sweden if Trap picked the right team and formation. Wilson played with the reserves last week and will be back in a few weeks. Dunne is also back in training, but granted he 90% likely won't be ready. I don't like Gibson's nonsense either, but I'd call him up against Sweden for sure, and take it from there.

I think you missed the gist of what I was trying to say, which is this is the kind of team we could have against Sweden if Trap picked the right team and formation. Wilson played with the reserves last week and will be back in a few weeks. Dunne is also back in training, but granted he 90% likely won't be ready. I don't like Gibson's nonsense either, but I'd call him up against Sweden for sure, and take it from there.

I get your gist, i LIKE your gist. But we're stuck with the septuagenarian. There's an inkling of hope for the future out there, as you've illustrated. It's just not Trap's future.

I was at this, and it was like an away game. It must have been 2 poles to every 1 irish person, or at least that's how it felt. At least there was an atmosphere and the Poles are marvellously fatalistic. Shit game tho. Shit team. Paul Green was actually pretty good when he came on, which tells you all you need to know about how that match panned out.

Conor Sammon's touch is worse than Corcolash's. It's a shame you're British, Corm. There's a space for you on that team.

The only reason I haven't declared for Ireland is that I'm afraid it will make Rory McIlroy declare he is British in order to even things out.
My touch was good enough on Tuesday night, when I scored 4 goals, etc etc. haha

Yeah I read that he didn't go far enough in my opinion.

Well, he should have punched him in the face. It's really beyond a joke at this stage. I don't remember anyone ever not wanting to turn up for a game in the old days, except for Roy, of course.

Well, he should have punched him in the face. It's really beyond a joke at this stage. I don't remember anyone ever not wanting to turn up for a game in the old days, except for Roy, of course.

To be fair to Roy Keane he did want to win the world cup rather than show up and get pissed. I get the feeling The current crop who actually get their game couldn't give two fucks either way and the ones who don't get their game can't be expected to keep showing up and being overlooked for lads who haven't even got a club.

To be fair to Roy Keane he did want to win the world cup rather than show up and get pissed. I get the feeling The current crop who actually get their game couldn't give two fucks either way and the ones who don't get their game can't be expected to keep showing up and being overlooked for lads who haven't even got a club.

I think the endless drinking sessions may well be overstated, certainly in the last 20 years, whatever about the 80s. But whatever it was, there was an atmosphere. There just isn't now. And the faux pas of picking a player for the squad and then changing his mind before the tournament was really thick, and unlikely to engender a fun buzz. Especially when the replacement was Paul McShame.

I'#d rather the boozing came back, i'd like it to look like a bit of craic. I just get the feeling that there's some lads who can't be bothered with Trap, because he's a contrary cunt, and others, like Gibson, who know they'll outlive him and are just biding their time. Trap should just keep his fucking trap shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back