Lack Of Fitness/Aches And Pains/Fitness Thread (1 Viewer)

Does anxiety and insomnia count as excercise? I feel it must burn off some calories anyway
Five negative thoughts that can prolong back pain - Live Well - NHS Choices

"Thinking negatively about the prospects of getting better, as well as feelings of stress and anxiety, can extend the length of time you suffer with back pain.

Experts now look for these psychological factors, or "yellow flags", as they signal these people have a higher risk of not recovering as quickly.

"Psychological factors are the most consistent predictors of who will develop chronic back pain and who won't recover, so they're really central to effective prevention and treatment," says Dr Adam Al-Kashi, head of research at BackCare."

I got tonsillitis a couple of weeks back and anytime I try doing any sort of hard exercise I keep getting run down. Was out of work yesterday with a throat infection, and this not too long after being out for 2 weeks with tonsillitis. Giving up running, coffee and beer for the rest of the month to see if that helps

Twisted my ankle a while ago and it was all balloony and achey for a few weeks but have got into the swing of walking more, what with the nice weather and the scantily clad women out jogging (PHWOAR etc.) I walked home from work one day this week and intend to walk all or most of the way home today too. It is 7.3km. We're beside the Phoenix Park so I've been heading in there too.

I fell off my bike about a month ago and slammed my hand/arm on the road pretty hard. Took a week for the bruising (about a third of the way from my wrist to my elbow) to disappear, but the back of my hand is still a little swollen.
Ouch, nothing broken I hope?

While my car was in the garage for the last few weeks I took the time to do up my bike, with the intention of cycling to work.
When it's back in the garage in a few weeks I'll definitely take up cycling.

I feel hungover. I haven't been drinking but I feel hungover.

That's not fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back