General Election 2016 (1 Viewer)

Renua, FHE and Tim Jackson were all running hard rights, as was the guy Dessie Sheils mentioned above. My theory is that FG are right wing enough for people who want that.

I'd just consider hard-right to be the outer fringes, so parties like the BNP, Golden Dawn, Jobbik etc. But I guess from an Irish perspective this is about as far right as you get.

I don't mind McDowell too much, he loves to have a pop at the Shinners, no bad thing.
Power is trying to be Bacik, I'm not sure how well that will work when up against Bacik, herself and Norris should get back in and there's a large field for the third seat. Will Trinity want to elect two of the same candidate?
You should really vote in it, I certainly would were I eligible.

interesting article
yes, i looked at the louth constituency in some detail. there were 2 labour candidates in louth but when mary moran was eliminate on count 2, only 317 of her 1,211 were transfered to ged nash.

but for louth, it tends to be a rivalry between dundalk and drogheda candidates

i also looked at the transfers of social democrats to greens and vice versa (there were 14 sd candidates) and transfers between the two were quite good, in most the remaining candidate did the best of all the other remaining candidates. personally, i didn't find that surprising and felt the trend was about right.

the main exception being with the surpluses of the 3 sd leaders which went all over the place

Seanad elections should really be held in tandem with Generals, this business of failed GE politicians popping back up to contest the Seanad seems wrong.

Miriam interviewed 5 failed GE candidates this morning, at least 4 of whom are now looking for a Seanad seat. Absurd.

Marian is my people's spiritual leader
We look for her smoky-voiced wisdom in times of chaos such as these.

I'm not sure which of Marian and Miriam is worse. Possibly Miriam, she's been making noises about Michael D's job once he packs it in. At least 7 years of her as president? An appalling vista.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Deputy Aodhan O'Riordain on wishing to abolish the Seanad. Loses his seat in the general election. Now wants to be a Senator.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back