General Election 2016 (2 Viewers)

With Michael Martin holding the time bomb to call an election at a time of his choosing over some issue he can say the country needs to decide

That'll be the budget I wager, he'll spend the meantime playing the moderating nice guy as opposed to those bastards in FG. Fair play to him, he's handled this well, he may get that Taoiseach spot after all.

banner_img1.jpg

Aodhan o Riordan ousted by swiss tony

Better would be to redistribute surplus is proportion of all number 2 votes for the candidate.
I think that's how it is.. check #2 on all votes and then proportion out the surplus number.

From Proportional representation
" if candidate A receives 900 votes more than the quota on the first count and on examining all of candidate A's ballot papers, it is found that 30% of these have next available preferences for candidate B, then candidate B does not get 30% of all candidate A's ballot papers (quota plus surplus), instead candidate B gets 30% of A's surplus, that is, 270 ballot papers (30% of 900)."

Nah, I read the rules.
They only distribute if it can affect the order or get someone a deposit back
http://www.environ.ie/sites/default...calGovernment/Voting/FileDownLoad,1895,en.pdf
The rule is that a surplus must
be distributed in the next count if it meets one or more of the following conditions:
• Can elect the highest continuing candidate,
• Can bring the lowest candidate level with or above the second lowest candidate
• Can qualify a candidate for the recoupment of their election expenses or deposit (if
applicable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back