General Election 2025 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 230
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 2
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I really thought it was directed at the strivers
His own lot
Like even in our office there's the people who get up early and are here hard-charging early doors the people who stroll in at 9am

Not saying he doesn't have great antipathy to doleys also

I think it might be an eye of the beholder thing

Nah he a hateful classist bollox;

If it wa really about people working he didn't take into account people working shifts etc...

It was absolutely a dig at people on the lower rung because fuck them they're poor

Edit: spellink

I'm really surprised people don't know what the "People who get up early" thing was aimed at – it was really obviously clearly Varadkar saying "Anyone not getting social welfare; anyone getting social welfare can go and fuck themselves"
There was nothing about it trying to appeal to certain kinds of people who work – it was 100% just saying "I hate the lazy dole scabbers just like you"
Definitely didn't hurt my feelings! IDGAF.

Thought Varadkar's back flipping on big social issues - adoption rights for anyone other than straight couples, Marriage equality and abortion - was terrible.
He probably privately always supported all these and put his medium term political career ahead of that.
He jumped onboard only when he was certain it a winner for his career.

Not stopping NAMA property being amassed by vulture funds was the biggest Irish crime of the 2010's onward.
Paying under 25's on benefit only 120 Euro p.w. was appalling and is rarely brought up.

FG+FF ="What climate crisis?".

The government's response to Ukraine Gaza, immigration and the rise of the right wing conspiracy mob, was better than I expected but they could done a lot more especially on the latter.

The Mount Street tent clearance last week was vile whoever was responsible.

Varadkar going may well mean FG going more right wing.
Good time to get out before SF win!

Same lad who insisted on a campaign to root out welfare cheats when the department insisted that the losses to welfare fraud were minimal. That was for the benefit of fg voters, no one else.

Same lad that leaked documents to his medical pals so we can pay more for private healthcare while our tax funded system crumbles.

He's a top tier scumbag

Same lad that leaked documents to his medical pals so we can pay more for private healthcare while our tax funded system crumbles.

He's a top tier scumbag
I hate the use of the word 'leak' in relation to this (this is not a dig at you, btw). A leak - in my book - is when you give information to someone so it can be made public. This was insider information, not a leak. I was annoyed that the media stuck with the word leak because it placed it in the same ballpark as a politician leaking info to a journalist.

I hate the use of the word 'leak' in relation to this (this is not a dig at you, btw). A leak - in my book - is when you give information to someone so it can be made public. This was insider information, not a leak. I was annoyed that the media stuck with the word leak because it placed it in the same ballpark as a politician leaking info to a journalist.

Oh for sure.
Also helped him get off Scot fuckin free

For the moment i'm kinda thinking there's another layer of story to come here.
Granted their next election campaign gets a bit worse every week so he'd not be returned anywhoo, and knowing that, would you be arsed at all.
Their was minor FG dramas in the west this week.
one stood down because of the 'toxic culture in politics'*
one stood down because FG didn't want to reissue him for an election.

This makes me suspect that the party slowly getting unpopular has resulted in infighting.

it's sorta becoming time to think about being irelands first (openly) gay president I suppose...

But it's Bertie 2.0 shit to shimmy off stage and dump someone else with all the shit you've caused so I think there is possibly *something* on it's way to the public.

One weird thing I thought earlier, possibly looking for drama, but he didn't think either his family or partner, unless I missed it. Might have been an easy mistake with the emotion of it all, but perhaps I best get the Daily Mail on to it...

One weird thing I thought earlier, possibly looking for drama, but he didn't think either his family or partner, unless I missed it. Might have been an easy mistake with the emotion of it all, but perhaps I best get the Daily Mail on to it...

It was a scripted read so the forgetting would have been done earlier on

I had actually wondered if he might have managed to seriously piss some people off in Washington at the weekend or if the Russian troll farms had something on him or if maybe some personal scandal would emerge. His wording was a little reminiscent of Nicola Sturgeon deciding it was time to leave coincidentally just before the police were going to show up.

I don't really have any strong opinion against him personally and I am glad that he was there during brexit M. Martin would have been a disaster I think. Like I am not saying that there needs to be giant statue of him built or something and I get that people find him a little detached. It was a close enough call for him at the last election. Maybe he is just fed up and knows he can land some better job in brussels.

The end at the beginning as it were Sun at first degree of Aries on the spring equinox.

Harris has the curse of a nerdy squeaky voice. gives everything he says a faint whiff of self-parody. I say this a fellow squeaky-voiced person. having said that, michael martin has the curse of waffler-voice, leo has the curse of robot-voice. so that makes enda kenny the most recent taoiseach to sound vaguely normal, just very Mayo.

coveney gone now too?

"Asked if he intended to seek re-election at the next general election, Mr Coveney said that was not a question for this week. Late last month he said he would be running to retain his seat in Cork South Central."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back