General Election 2016 (1 Viewer)

Indo covering the story doesn't even mention the SF candidate likely to take the third seat.
CcZvgzdW8AEAJ-0.jpg:large

Averil's husband is boss there, for anyone that doesn't know

You know transfers?

Say a candidate gets through with a surplus of 200? Which 200 ballot papers are checked to decide the transfers? Do they just pick them at random?

They take a sample of the total vote, not just 200, but they distribute the 200 in proportion based on the larger sample

Yes, really. Should have stuck with FF. I expect she'll run for the Seanad now.

Can't see her going back to FF. And I had the world of respect for her for leaving. She showed them up to be the sham outfit they are when campaigning for the marriage equality referendum was on. Shame she didn't get elected.

She's on her last few Seanad days. Can't see a route back in for her.
She's never won an election in her life.

She could go for the Trinity seat a la Ivana Bacik last time round, they'd probably vote her in.

Can't see her going back to FF. And I had the world of respect for her for leaving. She showed them up to be the sham outfit they are when campaigning for the marriage equality referendum was on. Shame she didn't get elected.

I don't think FF would want her back. And I don't buy the strop she threw after the SSM referendum, she wanted to run as the sole FF rep in DBN, the party wanted to run two candidates and once she realised she wasn't getting her way she looked for the exit, so much the better that the exit allowed her play the martyr. She's no fool, the idea that she didn't know what FF stood for prior to that referendum (namely everything, and nothing) doesn't stand up.

They take a sample of the total vote, not just 200, but they distribute the 200 in proportion based on the larger sample

I never liked this aspect of PR. It seems to add an element of chance that seems somehow off.

Better would be to redistribute surplus is proportion of all number 2 votes for the candidate.

Or ignore surpluses altogether and just eliminate from the bottom up?

Aodhan O Riordain is out in Dublin Bay North

People voted in a FF used condom like Sean Haughey and voted out a candidate that was for repealing the 8th and sensible drugs policy

Labour need Penrose in to keep speaking rights

He's maybe the one lad in that party that I wanted to see stick around

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back