libertas (1 Viewer)

I was under the impression that this crowd were still pissed about that whole transition to Vatican II thing.
Mass in English is for pussies, more comely Maidens Dancing at Crossroads in the future and so on.

I love The Leader

The_Leader.jpg

The only solace so far is that he has a screw loose to the extent that he fucks everything up for himself on a regular basis and then has to move on to a new group and smarm his way into their trust.

is this the guy??

Ex-Libertas director now backs Lisbon

IRELAND DOES not have the luxury of a second No vote in the Lisbon Treaty referendum and voters should vote Yes, one of the architects of last year’s Libertas campaign has said.

Naoise Nunn, who resigned as executive director of Libertas last September said: “The circumstances have changed: internationally, economically, financially and domestically.

“We don’t have the luxury of doing anything else. I am glad that we had a referendum. We were the only member state to do so, to have a proper debate, or something like a proper debate,” Mr Nunn told The Irish Times .

His public declaration will come as an embarrassment for Libertas founder, Declan Ganley, who is running for the organisation in the European Parliament elections in the North-West constituency.

I thought this interview with Ganley was an eye opener because he contradicts himself and ignores facts.

When he realises he isn't making a valid point he jumps to accuse the other MEP of lying and towards the end he keep harping on about the editing of the Lisbon document while ignoring the political process of resolving the Irish concerns post-referendum.

he would be sitting well in the UKIP and Tory groups in the Parliament.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7982140.stm

That was horrible to watch. He clearly subscribes to the Bill O'Reilly school of arguing: "the point of an argument is to win an argument, not to put forward any decent arguments". Every time that labour chap tries to make a point towards the end he's harping on over him: "Show me whats changed, show me one comma that's changed" despite the fact that your man is trying to point out what clarifications/promises Ireland has gotten from Europe since the referendum.

Found it hard to vote no to Lisbon last time, solely because I couldn't get my head around the fact that I was voting the same way as this slimeball.
It's going to be fucking impossible next time around.

received a more substantial e mail (lenght wise if not info wise)

Tuesday 28, April 2009

A message from Libertas Chairman Declan Ganley.

This week is a critical week for our movement. We are depending on YOU to help make it a big success.

There is still time to sign up for the first ever Libertas convention, being held in Rome this Friday 1 May 2009.
http://www.libertas.eu/convention/
Unlike the usual party conventions – attended by the usual elites and party time-servers - we want ours to be open to the people. After all, it is the grassroots upon which the success of our campaign depends.
Send this email on to FIVE of your friends and get them to join us today. Even if you cannot make it to Rome, you can donate, download a poster, volunteer, tell others about our Libertas, or simply learn more about how Libertas will bring real accountability to the European Union.
In the run-up to Rome, we have launched in the Czech Republic, France, Ireland. Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Portugal on Sunday and yesterday in Sweden. Our campaign is starting to bloom and gather momentum dramatically, but it is down to YOU to pass on the message that June’s election will be our last chance to reform Brussels.
We are using the internet in new ways, in order to get the Libertas message out through as many different media as possible. For example in Britain, we used advertisements on leading political blogs to highlight the hypocrisy of Labour and Conservative politicians who rail against sleaze at Westminster, but award themselves massive pay and pension increases, far from public scrutiny in Brussels.Check out the blogad we created in the UK here.
Libertas stands for full transparency about these kinds of payments, as well as forcing the EU to demonstrate value-for-money. After all, European families are having to squeeze the most out of every Euro right now – why shouldn’t Brussels?
Libertas also stands for democracy at the heart of the EU. Can’t we do better than the current system, where 27 unelected Commissioners make 80% of laws, and 190 separate parties squabble among themselves in the European Parliament?
Now, more than ever, Europeans need to work together on the great issues that affect us all – the recession, the environment, immigration. That is why Libertas was created. But we are built from the ground-up. We depend on many, many more people like YOU joining our movement today. Please send this email on to five friends right now.
Thank you for everything that you have done so far. And believe me when I say that we have only just begun.
Declan Ganley

So anyone thinking of popping over on Friday to their grassroots meeting in ROME ?

(if this doesn't scream Illuminati, i don't know what does)

received a more substantial e mail (lenght wise if not info wise)

Tuesday 28, April 2009

A message from Libertas Chairman Declan Ganley.

This week is a critical week for our movement. We are depending on YOU to help make it a big success.

There is still time to sign up for the first ever Libertas convention, being held in Rome this Friday 1 May 2009.
http://www.libertas.eu/convention/
Unlike the usual party conventions – attended by the usual elites and party time-servers - we want ours to be open to the people. After all, it is the grassroots upon which the success of our campaign depends.
Send this email on to FIVE of your friends and get them to join us today. Even if you cannot make it to Rome, you can donate, download a poster, volunteer, tell others about our Libertas, or simply learn more about how Libertas will bring real accountability to the European Union.
In the run-up to Rome, we have launched in the Czech Republic, France, Ireland. Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, Portugal on Sunday and yesterday in Sweden. Our campaign is starting to bloom and gather momentum dramatically, but it is down to YOU to pass on the message that June’s election will be our last chance to reform Brussels.
We are using the internet in new ways, in order to get the Libertas message out through as many different media as possible. For example in Britain, we used advertisements on leading political blogs to highlight the hypocrisy of Labour and Conservative politicians who rail against sleaze at Westminster, but award themselves massive pay and pension increases, far from public scrutiny in Brussels.Check out the blogad we created in the UK here.
Libertas stands for full transparency about these kinds of payments, as well as forcing the EU to demonstrate value-for-money. After all, European families are having to squeeze the most out of every Euro right now – why shouldn’t Brussels?
Libertas also stands for democracy at the heart of the EU. Can’t we do better than the current system, where 27 unelected Commissioners make 80% of laws, and 190 separate parties squabble among themselves in the European Parliament?
Now, more than ever, Europeans need to work together on the great issues that affect us all – the recession, the environment, immigration. That is why Libertas was created. But we are built from the ground-up. We depend on many, many more people like YOU joining our movement today. Please send this email on to five friends right now.
Thank you for everything that you have done so far. And believe me when I say that we have only just begun.
Declan Ganley

So anyone thinking of popping over on Friday to their grassroots meeting in ROME ?

(if this doesn't scream Illuminati, i don't know what does)

what is really funny about this is that they seem genuine in thinking that everyone can just pop along to Rome on a whim for a few days... like everyone is a multimillionaire, not having real jobs and real lives.

at least the so called elite in the european commission have road shows and national contact points for their events...

I'm regularly emailing people in the commission for information on strategies and policies - they always are incredibly helpful and responsive.

for example, last week I emailed a commission office (general contact point) asking to speak with the author of a "commission staff working document" related to a particular policy area. Within 3 hours the author of the report contacted me asking me to call for a chat whenever I wanted - full contact details etc.

Things don't work that fast when you go through public channels in most national government departments...

what is really funny about this is that they seem genuine in thinking that everyone can just pop along to Rome on a whim for a few days... like everyone is a multimillionaire, not having real jobs and real lives.

at least the so called elite in the european commission have road shows and national contact points for their events...

I'm regularly emailing people in the commission for information on strategies and policies - they always are incredibly helpful and responsive.

for example, last week I emailed a commission office (general contact point) asking to speak with the author of a "commission staff working document" related to a particular policy area. Within 3 hours the author of the report contacted me asking me to call for a chat whenever I wanted - full contact details etc.

Things don't work that fast when you go through public channels in most national government departments...

agree with all that,i genuinely would like to attend something like this libertas thing but rome?i dont have the money or time to go to rome.
i think they are doing smaller meetings around ireland,to that end i made "friends" with their dublin candidate on facebook,ill keep an eye out for any meetings they're having anyway.

Dunno where the freaky, weird, end-of-the-world-coming-militia-in-Montana sort of vibe they have comes from. Anyway they're politicians, or at least they want to be, so fuck 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back