libertas (1 Viewer)

Whats this about them being pro farmer but anti CAP payments?

I suppose it comes along with having the stance on the EU that they have...

I dare any one of them to go from farm door to farm door and try explain that one!

If farmers know one thing more than anything else its their entitlements. I'd actually love to see a debate like that...

IFA VS Libertas on the subject of CAP payments..

Personally they scare the shit out of me. We all ready have enough nutjobs as it is.

I dare any one of them to go from farm door to farm door and try explain that one!

If farmers know one thing more than anything else its their entitlements. I'd actually love to see a debate like that...

Personally they scare the shit out of me. We all ready have enough nutjobs as it is.
I went looking for that on their website but all I could find was that they want more democracy. As my politics lecturer once shouted at a candidate on his doorstep, "THAT'S NOT A POLICY, THAT'S JUST HOW YOU WANT THE WORLD TO BE".

me too,initially i was all for them cause of their anti-eu stance but after trying to find more solid info on them im just baffled :confused: and slightly concerned too.

i love how this change has taken places over the course of this
very thread. "i like libertas" "are you mad?" "i dont like
libertas"

haha god love ya

libertas"

haha god love ya

people are allowed change their mind. Its ok.
Adhering to some idea regardless of what you learn is not smart.

Its much harder to change your opinion about something than to maintain it.

people are allowed change their mind. Its ok.
Adhering to some idea regardless of what you learn is not smart.

Its much harder to change your opinion about something than to maintain it.

from trying to join up as a volunteer to being baffled and concerned in the space of a day......

from trying to join up as a volunteer to being baffled and concerned in the space of a day......

I suppose yeah. Your man there is bit baffling alright.

I just see a lot of lads here who have these mad opinions, and VOTE REPUBLICAN say, even though when you talk to them for a few minutes they are closer to communism that neoconism.

It doesn't matter though. What they think doesn;t enter into it. They are VOTING REPUBLICAN / FINE GAEL / etc because that's what they do.

They can't conceive of changing their rhetoric even though they don't believe it themselves in the slightest.

I can guess theirt views on the recession.....they want it to end.

What are their views on the environment and immigration though?

I think they are in favour of the environment and regard it as very important in the overall scheme of things.

ganley_anim1.gif

their candidate in the east, ran for the IFA presidency and failed miserably

they are not pro farmers, they are pro their own self interest

According to their most recent press release, Libertas are "very much pro havin' the craic", and as clearly stated later in the document they are "adamantly anti wrecking your buzz".

Maybe I'm not seeing the same site as the rest of you because I live in France but the Libertas website (http://www.libertas2009.fr/category/a-propos) gives the main French candidate as Philippe de Villiers, head of the MPF (movement for France) an ultra nationalist, ultra conservative, extreme right winger who is just a little to the right of the Front National over here. He is also a fucking lunatic. Voting for this lot is voting for Stormfront's poster boys.
After the last election over here he ended up being considered as a joke politician, kinda funny in a laugh at the dude screaming "The Muslims have already taken over the vital centres of Western society and are just waiting for the phonecall to turn off all the important switches" way. (http://www.amazon.fr/dp/2226172645/)
Villiers is a nationalist, a traditionalist, and a leading eurosceptic.[3][12] He advocates cutting taxes, expelling all illegal immigrants, and preventing Turkey from joining the EU.[8] He is a vocal critic of the European Union's relationship with France, accusing it of "destroying their jobs, their security and their identity" and saying that "the Europe of Brussels is an anti-democratic dictatorship".[3] He was a leader of the side advocating a 'No' vote in the 2005 French referendum of the European Constitution.[12] The 'No' side won the vote, which the activists believed constituted a major victory for Euroscepticism in France.[12] Villiers then launched a campaign to restore the franc, remarking that "Everybody notes today that the adoption of the euro was a technical success but its economic, political and human toll is incontestable."[12]
Villiers coined the phrase "Polish Plumber" in a June 2005 political speech about the Bolkestein directive, referring to the perceived threat of cheap East European labour to French wages.[13] The mythical figure became a central point of debate in France, and it later prompted an international controversy.[13] He has also referred to the "Latvian mason" and the "Estonian gardener."[13]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_de_Villiers

libertas"

haha god love ya

i liked their main selling point but on further inspection theres not a whole lot of substance to it hence the change :)

i still wanna volunteer if only to find out what exactly they are up to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back