Who do ye want to draw for the Euros?! (1 Viewer)

i can't actually believe we qualified. i don't care who we get, as long as we're not too embarrassing.

The Brits may be saying they don't want to draw us but I think everybody else would be pretty happy with us, seeing as the alternatives are an improving France side, Denmark or the Czechs.

In the dress rehearsal draw we got Poland, Germany and Greece apparently.. Do that again lads and swap in England or Russia for Germany and that'd be grand, thanks.

You have to laugh, that's close to the toughest possible draw we could have got. Makes up for Estonia in the playoff, I suppose. Will take a mighty effort for us to get out of that group, but we can enjoy the ride anyway. Whelan and Andrews up against Xavi & Iniestia eh? At least Trap has a good record against Italy so far, and Croatia didn't look that vastly ahead of us when we played them recently in that crappy friendly. If we're still in with a shout going into the third game I'll be delighted. Group A looks weak and Group B looks brutal.

With 3 points for a win these days it's difficult enough to get out of a group with 5 points unless you hammer someone. Can't see that happening though. From what I've seen Italy are a completely different team now and vastly improved so even if we managed one win probably against Croatia we'd still be hoping for Italy to slip up or Spain to run riot, neither of which I can see happeneing.

It's odd, Spain will have nearly the same squad that won the last two tournaments, Italy had that same kind of squad in 2010 and they were shit so were France in 2002. Could be a shock on the cards maybe ?

Probably not

My conservative predictions

Spain 1-1 Italy
Ireland 1-0 Croatia
Italy 2-0 Croatia
Spain 0-0 Ireland
Italy 1-1 Ireland
Spain 2-0 Croatia

Leaving it

Spain 7pts
Italy 5pts
Ireland 5pts
Croatia 1pt

Still I could be over estimating Italy.

With 3 points for a win these days it's difficult enough to get out of a group with 5 points unless you hammer someone. Can't see that happening though. From what I've seen Italy are a completely different team now and vastly improved so even if we managed one win probably against Croatia we'd still be hoping for Italy to slip up or Spain to run riot, neither of which I can see happeneing.

It's odd, Spain will have nearly the same squad that won the last two tournaments, Italy had that same kind of squad in 2010 and they were shit so were France in 2002. Could be a shock on the cards maybe ?

Probably not

My conservative predictions

Spain 1-1 Italy
Ireland 1-0 Croatia
Italy 2-0 Croatia
Spain 0-0 Ireland
Italy 1-1 Ireland
Spain 2-0 Croatia

Leaving it

Spain 7pts
Italy 5pts
Ireland 5pts
Croatia 1pt

Still I could be over estimating Italy.

I think most neutral observers would swap Ireland and Croatia's results in your prediction there.. I see us probably bowing out with 2 points, draw with Italy and Croatia and spanked 2-0 by Spain. Still a lot can happen in the next 6 months I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back