World Cup 2010 draw (1 Viewer)

But your country is at the WC!

Listening to Clint Dempsey interview yesterday. He reckons the US are going to take each game as it comes and respect all the teams.

Meanwhile the head of the England supporters club has stated fans are already looking at the 2nd phase as they are guaranteed to win the group or at worst finish second.

Honestly England are being a bit foolish here (they always are) USA were really good at the confederations cup, beat Spain and are ranked 11th in the world (which means fuck all but I'm throwing it in to be a bit cuntish) Slovenia are eastern european which means they'll have two giant center half that won't be shy about booting Wayne Rooney around the place and probably have a 7ft goalkeeper and some technically decent players. Algeria are probably just going to go apeshit and go all out attack wouldn't be massively surprised if England get two draws a dodgy sending off in the final game and go out to a John Terry own goal in Fergie time

That'd be fucking deadly.

Henry to get mauled by the mascot lion during the opening ceremony

Damn straight Hives. For instance, I cheered against Ireland in '94 once it became apparent that Niall Quinn's injury would keep him out of the squad. How right I was.

my god, let the guff begin. tit on sky news:brazil won't like it, cos it'll be cold. the ivory coast will be grand though, cos it's africa? it's not winter in fucking ivory coast. do these tits have any idea how big the continent is? sure brazil is probably closer to sa than the ivory coast is.

and futhermore, the bit on footy focus where they tried to work out the teams england would meet, and vanquish on their way to the final included a remark about how if england met france, pubs all over england would be full of english AND irish lads cheering the threelions. you know what, i don't think so. i think thierry would have to have killed a couple of my family for things to get that bad.

vive la france i say, those dirty cunts better win it, or else.

Damn straight Hives. For instance, I cheered against Ireland in '94 once it became apparent that Niall Quinn's injury would keep him out of the squad. How right I was.

Good thing the Czechs didn't make it or I'd have to drop them too: Tomas Rosicky INJURY NEWS: Czech star set for another month on the sidelines after groin injury against Stoke.

They lost one of their starters plus I'm not feeling very patriotic. Cheering to for USA just seems wrongs, except in the match against England. I'll cheer for the US then.
Fuck sake, get behind your team. This is why football hasn't taken off in the US.
On second thoughts, don't.
PS - it will indeed be winter in Brazil, and there is no winter in the Ivory Coast, but seriously, fuck France.

aside from the usual england guff that just makes everyone else despise them, why do they bang on about portual? how is that group harder to predict than the serbia-oz etc one? portugal aren't great. and if cristiano "bateman" ronaldo's glass ankles aren't up to it...

If england meet France we'll all be dressed as the fucking foreign legion with berets and strings of garlic round our fucking necks. Fucking English twits. Fuck Portugal. I'd love to see what a fight outside a nightclub in lisbon looks like. I'd say the bouncer and punter touch off each other and then throw themselves to the floor clutching their faces waiting for the police. Dirt bag little shits. YaYa Toure is going to dance on Ronaldos ankles and he'll be bawling his little sex pest eyes out on the flight home by week two in. YYYYEEEEESSSS.

Can't fucking wait. This thread makes me salivate. Come on Ivory Coast you semi Irish flagged bunch of Didier Drogba affiliated legends.

I have also come round from the hatred of Henry of a few weeks back and hereby declare that even if England were playing France and Henry was playing Rugby I'd still be cheering for him.

Did you think "no, not the groin, that'd be the usefull bit"

Nah, it's not because I think he's cute. I just remembering him being very sweet in an interview. He seemed like good people. Plus, Prague was the city I most wanted to visit when I moved over so I adopted the Czechs as my team. I think I'm bad luck, Cech gets his head knocked in (on the day I bought is jersey in Prague) and Rosicky has been hurt for the last two years. I don't know any of the US players. I might be the kiss of death.

Nah, it's not because I think he's cute. I just remembering him being very sweet in an interview. He seemed like good people. Plus, Prague was the city I most wanted to visit when I moved over so I adopted the Czechs as my team. I think I'm bad luck, Cech gets his head knocked in (on the day I bought is jersey in Prague) and Rosicky has been hurt for the last two years. I don't know any of the US players. I might be the kiss of death.

Any chance you could start supporting England?

I filled out a World Cup wallchart last night with my predicted scores.
It's Brazil's World Cup to lose, lads.

Been saying that for ages. Plus here's an irrelevant stat: They've never lost in Africa.

Here's my other tip for the top - Luis Fabiano to win Golden Boot (also been banging this drum for ages) by scoring at least 3 against North Korea in the opening game.

Luis Fabiano will then complete a transfer move for something in the region of between €20 and €30 million to one of the supposed bigger clubs in Europe (I smell Inter, AC or Real) where he will proceed to flop badly, become overweight and return late from games with the national team.

Spain for all their brilliance I just don't think will have the legs to win this title this time. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think they will win it.

Have we ruled out Argentina completely?

They have a saying about them, "If Argentina have one great player they have a great team, If they have two they have half a team'

Cruel and I can't remember whether Brazilians say it about them or they say it about themselves. Anyway could Messi be that one player ? Maradonna may be a pretty shit manager but you never know he's got a special history in this competition. I don't want to think about Brazil winning it or Germany or Italy. Root for the little guy that's my thinking.

so with that in mind here's my list of winners in order of preferance

1 Ivory Coast/Ghana/Nigeria/Cameroon/South Africa
2 Mexico
3 Spain/Brazil
4 Argentina
5 Italy
6 Germany
That's based on what I've seen of the teams and Underdogness. Not on the likelyhood of them actually winning it.
I would have one of the eastern european teams but I know nothing about them. Anyway I just think it would be cool to have a first time winner this time around, If that was Spain I'd have no complaints

Joint last
France/England/Portugal/Swiss/Greece

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back