World Cup 2014 qualifying draw (1 Viewer)

Richie

This Saturday.. Moved forward 6 months earlier than normal to accommodate the lengthy South American & Asian schedules, I believe.
Bit weird that it's happening before the Euro 2012 qualifiers are done and well over a year before the first matches in the UEFA section but there you go.

Who we want out of this lot:
Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece
Pot 2:
France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia
Pot 3: Switzerland, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary
Pot 4: Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, Lithuania, Albania, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Poland
Pot 5: Armenia, Finland, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands
Pot 6: Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

Would want to avoid France and Russia now that they've dropped into the 2nd pot. A few pot 4 teams that I also wouldn't want, the likes of Bulgaria, Romania and Poland who could get their act together. The best we could hope for would be some combination of Norway, Greece or Croatia from Pot 1 and Slovakia, Montenegro or Slovenia from Pot 2, and avoid one of the awkward Pot 4 sides.

My random prediction: England \ Denmark \ Ireland \ Austria \ Latvia \ Malta.

FIFA are a corrupt bunch of money-hoarding goons and I'm glad that somebody is challenging them but having a breakaway faction which is just as self-interested and money hungry doesn't seem like it'd be an improvement. I'm sure they'll come to some kind of agreement to spread the wealth a bit and limit the number of friendly fixtures, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Greece
Black Mountain
Republic of Trap
Albania
Brian Kerr Islands
Stan Marino

WORLD CUP HERE WE COME!!!!

I like the way Montenegro are in pot 2, despite finishing 5th in our group in the last World Cup qualifiers. Fucking joke of a ranking system.

This Saturday.. Moved forward 6 months earlier than normal to accommodate the lengthy South American & Asian schedules, I believe.
Bit weird that it's happening before the Euro 2012 qualifiers are done and well over a year before the first matches in the UEFA section but there you go.

Who we want out of this lot:
Pot 1: Spain, Netherlands, Germany, England, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece
Pot 2:
France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia
Pot 3: Switzerland, Israel, Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary
Pot 4: Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, Lithuania, Albania, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Poland
Pot 5: Armenia, Finland, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands
Pot 6: Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

Would want to avoid France and Russia now that they've dropped into the 2nd pot. A few pot 4 teams that I also wouldn't want, the likes of Bulgaria, Romania and Poland who could get their act together. The best we could hope for would be some combination of Norway, Greece or Croatia from Pot 1 and Slovakia, Montenegro or Slovenia from Pot 2, and avoid one of the awkward Pot 4 sides.

My random prediction: England \ Denmark \ Ireland \ Austria \ Latvia \ Malta.

Kazakhstan is not in Europe.

Greece
Black Mountain
Republic of Trap
Albania
Brian Kerr Islands
Stan Marino

WORLD CUP HERE WE COME!!!!

I like the way Montenegro are in pot 2, despite finishing 5th in our group in the last World Cup qualifiers. Fucking joke of a ranking system.

I know they are doing well in their group and were only seeded in the bottom group last time because they were a new nation (i.e. they got none of the kudos from Serbia and Montenegro, that all went to Serbia) but really, second seeds? Really, 16th in the world?

We finished 2nd in our group last time round, right?

Definitely not in Europe (if you ask me):

Boratstan
Jewland
South Ossetia oh I mean Georgia
Armenia
Azerbaijan

Debatable whether they are in Europe, but I'm willing to go with it:

Turkey
USSR
Chernobyl

Cooool, probably the most offensive post I've written in ages!!!

If Ireland fuck up in the qualifiers, I think it's only fair that Germany and France lend us a load of their players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back