Official World Cup 2010 Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm just disgusted that after having to sit through almost two hours of that crap Spain didn't have the decency to let it go to penalties for some bit of a specatacle.

I'm just disgusted that after having to sit through almost two hours of that crap Spain didn't have the decency to let it go to penalties for some bit of a specatacle.

The only justice would have been if De Jong Broke his leg taking a penalty and Van Bommell got hit by a car somehow. actually has anyone seen any footage of the lad trying to steal the world cup before kick off ? I'd say it top notch.

Before the tournament I watched Holland destroy Hungary 6-0 by playing like Spain I thought they were a real team. I love a good defensive display but that was just loonacy. You can't say that the Dutch game plan involved booting lads in the chest. Any decent Ref would have sent De jong, Van Bommell and Heitinga off by half time and where would your argument be then ? If the ref had done what he what he was supposed to would you seriously be here saying that they weren't a disgrace ? Would you fuck. They were lucky not to get a hiding in a second half were they had 8 players left. AND Robben should have gone for being a petulent cunt to. So 7 players, they should have finished up with 7 fucking players on the field. Not a disgrace ?

going to the letter of the law, there should have been 4/5 yellow cards for spain following EACH yellow card from the Netherlands so if we are reducing this to a fantasy sending off game, Spain would no doubt have won.

Giving out is grand so long as your giving out from the moral high ground. My favourite part of the game was watching the Dutch make ball gestures with their hands after clearly putting their studs into the calf of whichever poor bastard was in the firing line. I'm re-watching it now ("highlights" only) the Spanish actually mad sure that they broke the game up with cynical fouls too, it's just that there's were little ankle flicks in comparison to the dutch flying in from five yards away. It was so scrappy.

The only justice would have been if De Jong Broke his leg taking a penalty and Van Bommell got hit by a car somehow. actually has anyone seen any footage of the lad trying to steal the world cup before kick off ? I'd say it top notch.

No footage but I saw a picture of him getting lamped by a security guy.

Before the tournament I watched Holland destroy Hungary 6-0 by playing like Spain I thought they were a real team. I love a good defensive display but that was just loonacy. You can't say that the Dutch game plan involved booting lads in the chest. Any decent Ref would have sent De jong, Van Bommell and Heitinga off by half time and where would your argument be then ? If the ref had done what he what he was supposed to would you seriously be here saying that they weren't a disgrace ? Would you fuck. They were lucky not to get a hiding in a second half were they had 8 players left. AND Robben should have gone for being a petulent cunt to. So 7 players, they should have finished up with 7 fucking players on the field. Not a disgrace ?

No decent ref would have sent off Van Bommel, Heitinga and De Jong before half time. By your measurements, Puyol should have gone at least twice in that game - for committing the exact same offence as Van Bommel [I assume you mean he should've been sent off for the nasty tackle on Iniesta] on Robben (diving tackle from behind) and for his rugby tackle on Robben.

The Dutch were dirty in the first half last night but I don't think their were any egregious decisions last night bar the missed red cards for De Jong for his ridiculous karate kick on Alonso and Puyol for his aborted rugby tackle on Robben and even that last one I don't think really matters because the status quo in football is that if the player doesn't go to ground, that foul isn't committed, even though it clearly was.

I thought Webb did a pretty good job trying to keep the lid on a niggly tense game in the which the players on neither side played particularly cleanly (though the Dutch were clearly the worse transgressors). There were no disgraces on show as I see it, except Sepp Blatter.

No decent ref would have sent off Van Bommel, Heitinga and De Jong before half time.

De Jong should have had a straight red, regardless of what time it was. Likewise Van Bommel could and should have had 5 yellow cards by halftime (really only possible if Graham Poll is in charge, but anyway).

A red card early in the gmae would probably have put a stop to all the crap going on.

We watched two different games.

Robben didn't go down (for the first fucking time in the cunts whole career) so Puyol got lucky. Van Bommell also shouldered a lad in the back in the box in the second half. Result; Goal Kick. Webb looked surprisingly out of his depth.

No decent Ref would have had to send off three players before half time because after the first red card, players wouldn't have gone in the way they did for the remainder. He bottled the De Jong decision and it opened the door for the lads to just go round diving in.

Here's De Jong in training before the final.

%28170409191408%29kickboxer_4.jpg

Here's my predicted Qualifiers

Germany Turkey Ireland Russia Italy Serbia Romania Holland Sweden Croatia England Portugal Denmark Spain Czech (although I'd fucking love to have the Scots there)

The Italy Serbia group will be the one where second place gets the highest points total against the rest of the group.

It'll be a fucking feast of football, we'll all book holidays to poland then get drawn to play in Ukraine. We'll get drawn in the same group as England and Spain, we beat England, draw with Spain and qualify for a second round match with surprise group winners Turkey which will go down as the match of the tournament which we win on penalties 5-4 after a 3-3 draw. Andy Reid scores the last one. Trap and him share a rake load of booze afterwards. My crystal ball gets a bit hazy there though. Oh yeah Spain Hammer England.

Hahaha that's exactly what I was saying at the time, I couldn't fucking believe that Robben didn't fall to the ground and roll about in 'agony' after that!

Even in staying on his feet he's a selfish prick. He saw himself making history as the man to finally win Holland a World Cup and broke the habit of a lifetime.

i sat through the whole boring thing (howard webb was the most entertaining sportsman on the pitch) then nipped out to the offy just before it closed and missed the goal

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back