Official World Cup 2010 Thread (1 Viewer)

Golden Ball nominees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8804708.stm

Villa, Xavi, Ineasta, Sniejder, Forlan, Otzil, Schwienstieger, Messi, Robben,

Bit surprised that there aren't any defenders on the list considering how strong some defensive performances have been. Messi didn't have that great a tournament did he ? I only saw him against Mexico and Germany though. I'd have some more Uruguayans on that list.

Jaysus. This bloody octopus is everywhere.
Proof from the archives though that he's not always right:

octopusmistake.jpg

It's between Schweinsteiger and Sneijder for me, they've both been amazing this tournament. Still there are two games to come and Xavi and Iniesta are certainly in with a shout. I wonder who Paul The Octopus will choose?

paulyolol.jpg

some people have way too much time on their hands.
bring back conscription i say.

It's between Schweinsteiger and Sneijder for me, they've both been amazing this tournament. Still there are two games to come and Xavi and Iniesta are certainly in with a shout. I wonder who Paul The Octopus will choose?

paulyolol.jpg

That 3rd place game was deadly, possibly the most entertaining game of the whole tournament so far. Lovely 2nd goal for Uruguay, pity about their dodgy keeper.

The biggest tragedy in all of this is that Sergio Busquets is now a world cup winner.

Navas was awful too.

Forlan player of the tourniment. Absolutely spot on for me. Uruguay Spain would have been a final. Holland were a disgrace an absolute disgrace. My highlight was are Johnny H epitimising the bunch of cunts by taking the red for the team.

Awful game, woeful tournament.

Glad it's over.

Forlan deserved winner of player of the tournament.

Goals of the tournament were just on there Suarez and Villa aside the rest were just strikes from outside the box , one touch then bang with lots of movement on the ball. No passing, no movement off the ball except for one Brazil and one Germany effort. really disappointed. We could have gone all the fucking way in this one lads everyone else is shite. Roll on the Euros

C'mon Ireland

I thoroughly enjoyed that tournament. Loads of problems with it, woefully negative first week, shite ball, no real rollercoaster of a game (apart from the excellent third/fourth place play off), not too many well worked team goals, lots of the best players not turning up. But it's a fucking World Cup. Even the bad bits are great. Who doesn't love a good old grumble over the jabulani/video technology/poor refereeing decisions/teams refusing to play samba football for our benefit?

I thoroughly enjoyed that tournament. Loads of problems with it, woefully negative first week, shite ball, no real rollercoaster of a game (apart from the excellent third/fourth place play off), not too many well worked team goals, lots of the best players not turning up. But it's a fucking World Cup. Even the bad bits are great. Who doesn't love a good old grumble over the jabulani/video technology/poor refereeing decisions/teams refusing to play samba football for our benefit?

No one's denying it was a great World Cup for having a moan alright. Top notch moaning. Sure we were moaning before the thing kicked off.

Best games of the tournament ?

Mexico vs France, Uruguay vs Germany, Germany vs England (though not for the actual football) Australia vs Serbia was entertaining because Australia went all out attack for 90 mins, but that was it. The euros had way better games played at pace by teams who wanted to actually pass the ball. Croatia, Russia and Turkey especially.

And Fuck FIFA. Fuck goal line technology and FUCK Paul McShane.

and the moaning continues. ah the beautiful game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back