Official World Cup 2010 Thread (1 Viewer)

Suarez was damn right to handle that ball. The argument of whether he should have done it or not is irrelevant though. The fact is, Uruguay should have had a free-kick out because two Ghana players were offside and one of them was certainly interfering with play. The linesman missed it, and it should never have got to the stage where Ghana get a penalty in the first place.

Cheer up I is John, The Netherlands will put Uruguay out in the next round.

meh, I have no interest in battle of the winners, i'm glad i'll be away for the final. I knew getting excited about this stupid sport again was a recipe for disaster

and I was further annoyed by ITV's coverage of this game. Ghana = England, it seems.

cool, two types of racism in a single post, nice one Moods, ;)

I would have done exactly what Suarez did. If ANYONE I ever played football with did otherwise, I'd have to be restrained. He saved his team at his own expense, as a person should do in that circumstance.
Well done, Luis.
Glad to see Ghana out, they annoyed me throughout with their stupid shots, and I was further annoyed by ITV's coverage of this game. Ghana = England, it seems.

It was clever cheating and any footballer would do the same in those circumstances but it was essentially the same as what Thierry Henry did to us (i.e. deliberately breaking the rules to your own advantage), except that he got punished for it. So if this guy is a hero for his handball, so is Henry..

It was clever cheating and any footballer would do the same in those circumstances but it was essentially the same as what Thierry Henry did to us (i.e. deliberately breaking the rules to your own advantage), except that he got punished for it. So if this guy is a hero for his handball, so is Henry..

Absolute bollox. Ever mention Henry and hero in the same sentence again I'll give you the de-repping of your life. Handball on the line in the last minute is a no brainer anyway lets stay sensible here Paul Mcshane is a stupid fucking cunt. Suarez is a legend. FIFA=CUNTS better not fuck him with a two match ban.

I've never had a problem with Henry. It was the referee/linesman I wanted to maim.

IiJ: I know you're not entirely serious, but how the hell was that post racist in any way?

Stay focused, the Linesman and Ref, they're just fools. McShane is the reason we know this. God how I hate him with every fibre of my fucking being. I'm actually welling up with anger tears thinking about it. I'm Dolphing out here. I'm going to go red scorpioning all over the fucking faux albino prick any minute.

Stay focused, the Linesman and Ref, they're just fools. McShane is the reason we know this. God how I hate him with every fibre of my fucking being. I'm actually welling up with anger tears thinking about it. I'm Dolphing out here. I'm going to go red scorpioning all over the fucking faux albino prick any minute.

we (gufc) would've bet hull if he started that friendly. fucking barmby

Not really. Henry & France were awarded a goal after a deliberate foul which went unpunished.
Suarez committed a deliberate foul, which was seen by the referee and dealt with within the rules of the game; a red card, a ban and a penalty for Ghana. Maybe Suarez wasn't ethically correct if you like, but it was perfectly fair to Ghana. It's not Suarez' fault that Ghana didn't score that penalty.

Some folks were saying that the rules should be changed so that the referee would automatically award a goal in that situation, but that'd be just crazy. They should just allow handballs by players in their own box during stoppage time.*

*maybe

I meant that the intent and outcome were effectively the same.. I just find it odd that one player is viewed as a villian and the other as having made some kind of heroic noble sacrifice when they've both screwed the opposition over by breaking the rules, the main difference being that the offence was so obvious in Suarez case that the ref couldn't possibly miss it.

PaulMcShane_1153567.jpg

Villian

I'd blame the structures in the game that leave us with a dearth of half decent defenders. It's hardly McShane's fault he's shit and has no business playing at international level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back