RED(tape)MENACE

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Spain
Honduras
Chile
Switzerland

It's pretty much Spain and "who cares?" in this one.
This group provides some of the least glamorous ties of the group phase on paper, but Honduras have good players like Suazo and Palacios and Chile finished second to Brazil in South America.
Pretty hard to get excited about Switzerland, mind you.

Spain and Chile. everyone lashes the fucking swiss out of it and no one watches because they are the ultimate in anti football boredom. or in a parralell universe Senderos wins player of the tournament and the swiss play all out attack with scintilating passing, movement and a flair unparralelled in the modern game I become incredibly rich by figuring out some sort of way of living a healthy life using maths as a basis for self improvement.

Oh yeah, hehe.
I forgot about Senderos comedy potential.

Senderos will do okay up to the point that he potentially has to play the Ivory Coast and then Drogba will eat him alive ... again.

Oh wait that won't happen becasue Switzerland in addition to being valium in a football team form are shit and they'll finish bottom of the group. Honduras to be the romantic failures of the group phase when they're edges out of second by Chile.

Switzerland's elimination is paramount to the success of this World Cup. Spain will qualify, but if the Swiss sleeper-hold an earthquake inspired Chile and plucky Honduras out of this tournament, then romance is dead in all forms, not just football.

Switzerland's elimination is paramount to the success of this World Cup. Spain will qualify, but if the Swiss sleeper-hold an earthquake inspired Chile and plucky Honduras out of this tournament, then romance is dead in all forms, not just football.

Agreed. Switzerland v Ukraine in the last World Cup was the worst football match I can ever remember watching, just comically tedious. Repeatedly knocking us out in qualification doesn't help either.

When I was in Basel for the disgraceful Ireland capitulation of '03, the Irish fans amused themselves by singing: "Up your Swiss, up your Swiss, up your Swiss" at the horrible hosts.

Switzerland are due something really, really bad to happen. This tournament's Togo?

Spain to walk it with a total of nine points, the Swiss to score no goals and end up with two points and the winner of Chile Vs Honduras to progress in second place.

Spain go through despite Rafa Benitez taking over as manager and playing 10-0-0 in every game.
Chile finish second when the players realise they can run twice as fast as everyone else in the thick low-altitude air, whilst it looks like Honduras and Switzerland are tying for third when out of the heavens the Hand of God, which looks suspiciously like Thierry Henry's hand, descends and punches all the Swiss players to the ground before passing the ball into the Swiss net 6 times to put them firmly into last place.

i dunno, i think i'd prefer spain to lose the first game - and lets face it, the swiss are no slouches - and go on to win it, then to tonk everyone 4-0 in the group and then go out with a wimper in the quarters.

I don't think I've ever seen a proper team with less composure near goal than Chile. In all respects: shooting, final pass, running offside needlessly. They're a mental team managed by a mentaller. Exciting, for sure. Absolutely infuriating too.
On another note, it's torture having to listen to either Mark Bright or Matt Holland. I keep switiching, thinking it can't be worse on the other channel but it inevitably is.

Just before they went back to the stadium for the second half Lee Dixon said he was hoping for a bigger showing from Sebastion Frey in this half then there was a slight pause and Roy Hodgson mentioned he'd been subbed off!!

It was amazing, I fucking hate Lee Dixon and BBC's coverage so far has been awful and smug/patronising beyond belief.

Yeah they could have had 3 today, lovely movement and passing but real rabbit in the headlights stuff when they get in the box.

You'd have to think that they needed a second today, the Swiss will probably beat Honduras and Spain will most likely beat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back