Who do ye want to draw for the Euros?! (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Pot 1Pot 2Pot 3Pot 4

• 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
    Netherlands
  • 22px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
    Poland
  • 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
    Spain
  • 22px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
    Ukraine

Obviously England - I think we can all agree on that!

The easiest on paper would be Poland/Italy/Greece but I'd actually prefer Spain as they'll scalp everyone, but with us playing them last (as the draw is random like that as to seeding and order of matches).
So Spain, England/Italy and Greece would do nicely.

I wouldn't fear them but they're better than Poland - they came 2nd in WC qualifier behind England and ahead of Croatia whereas Poland finished lower then the bloody Nordies - and just as importantly, I'd want Ireland to be in Poland rather than Ukraine for the games!

Just as an aside, isn't there a general feeling of animosity from Poles in Poland toward us after the way their immigrants been treated here these past 10 years or so?

Is there? That would confirm what I always thought about them: that they were bent, negrito.

[/ironic racism]

Just as an aside, isn't there a general feeling of animosity from Poles in Poland toward us after the way their immigrants been treated here these past 10 years or so?

I would say there definitely is. I would say theres a feeling of animosity from immigrants from all different countries. I was attacked (verbally) by a spanish lad in spain a couple of months back because his mate lived in Dublin and was getting shit here. That was a spanish lad - a nation we typically like well enough, so I can only imagine how bad the poles get it.

I would say there definitely is. I would say theres a feeling of animosity from immigrants from all different countries. I was attacked (verbally) by a spanish lad in spain a couple of months back because his mate lived in Dublin and was getting shit here. That was a spanish lad - a nation we typically like well enough, so I can only imagine how bad the poles get it.

The way it was told to me is that they viewed us as kindred spirits. Fond of a jar, lovers of freedom long, dominated by a massive economic neighbour and whatever else.

The general vibe now is that they got short shrift in Ireland and we can go fuck ourselves.

Again, open to correction on this.

In fairness that Spanish lad is obviouly a fucking shit head. Poland will be grand.

I'll take anyone except Spain, Italy or Germany. Italy are improving all the time they seem to be really good going forward from what I've seen lots of young players coming through apparently and they're still the dirtiest bastards in europe at the back. Spain and Germany would fucking maul us. Just imagine the kickfest that Holland and us would be.

England Poland and Greece, so I suppose.

I want Poland, so we can have the craic with the Poles, Italy, so we get to play Super Mario, and Greece, so we can compare recessions.

I also want England to get drawn with Spain, Portugal, and France. Whoever loses, we win.

Some lad has made a website here where you can do a random Euros draw:
http://mydraw.info/

Obviously want to avoid Spain and Germany (we have enough hidings coming down the line with Germany in our WC 2014 group as is)..
Portugal are probably the Pot 3 team to avoid. Besides that, I'll take whoever we get, it's going to be very tough for us even against the more mediocre sides.
1. Poland or Ukraine / 2. England or Russia / 3. Greece or Sweden would be nice.

The two host nations both being put into Pot 1 is ridiculous really, it distorts the whole system, they'd be Pot 3 or 4 in a draw based purely on rankings.

Not getting one of the hosts would be better for getting tickets. I wouldn't mind Holland. I could see us giving them a run for their money, them missing several glorious chances, and it ending 0-0.

Getting England is fraught with difficulty. Is the possible win worth the possible defeat? Is the inevitable draw going to be enough?

yes, he was. And actually he was Basque and in my experience the Basques are the greatest shower of cunts in the Iberian peninsula. Most unfriendly and no fans of the Irish.

Poland vs Ireland would be deadly crack.

basques? they love us, sure there are hundreds of them in west belfast on 'cultural exchanges'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back