Who do ye want to draw for the Euros?! (1 Viewer)

i'd rather get fucked by some classy teams than sweden, poland or fucking england. bring it on. anyway, we've beaten italy at this level before, and spain failed to beat us in 120 minutes. it'll be grand. what more do you want?

we've beaten italy at this level before, and spain failed to beat us in 120 minutes.

I'm also optimistic enough of holding in there and Italy and Croatia making a mess of things. Totally agree that it's also more honorable than going out to Sweden or Greece, but at the same time I'm glad to have dodged the Germans and Dutch, who are the only teams I think really would take us to the cleaners.
I'm not so optimistic as think that results from 18 years ago might have any bearing on events, mind.

i'd rather get fucked by some classy teams than sweden, poland or fucking england. bring it on. anyway, we've beaten italy at this level before, and spain failed to beat us in 120 minutes. it'll be grand. what more do you want?

I want the last two winners of the World Cup, and the 8th ranked FIFA team in another group.

I want the last two winners of the World Cup, and the 8th ranked FIFA team in another group.
well, for the last ten years or so they could be in any group they wanted, and we wouldn't have had to worry about them, seeing as we were playing an ice hockey xi on a plastic pitch hovering above the grand canyon, and giving games to local policemen because they have irish sounding names. we're at the tournament. it isn't supposed to be easy. that's why it's taken 22 years to finally qualify. after all that, we're moaning cos there's some good teams that do good goals and can do a pass and win the occasional game and have a few of the best footballers in the world and we have keith andrews and their in our group and they don't want us to win. the rotters. it's like 1916 never happened. our heroes died for this??!

40 minutes after trying to buy tickets this morning and waiting on a "your payment is being processed, please wait" the site collapsed. Logged back in, found the tickets in my account. Wankers.

So you have yr tickets?
I don't have my passport number at hand, can't register on the site.

So you have yr tickets?
I don't have my passport number at hand, can't register on the site.

I am reasonably sure that I have them, it's giving me the option to resell the tickets and says that it's taken payment from me (though I'll have to go to the bank later to confirm) and UEFA haven't sent me a confirmation e-mail.

You're an FAI season ticket holder aren't you? You should get be getting priority booking from them at some point from their allocation right?

I am reasonably sure that I have them, it's giving me the option to resell the tickets and says that it's taken payment from me (though I'll have to go to the bank later to confirm) and UEFA haven't sent me a confirmation e-mail.

You're an FAI season ticket holder aren't you? You should get be getting priority booking from them at some point from their allocation right?

Yep, I'm a season ticket holder. Hopefully I'll be grand as a result but I'm not sure what % of season ticket holders will be fighting over how many tickets.

Theses are Category 1 tickets on the portal, so they come in at 140 euro plus. Yowzers! Got one for backup myself. I have the FAI priority as a travelling supporter but ther's no assurance even then that I'll get tickets. If I do get the tickets the portal one can be resold.

Theses are Category 1 tickets on the portal, so they come in at 140 euro plus. Yowzers! Got one for backup myself. I have the FAI priority as a travelling supporter but ther's no assurance even then that I'll get tickets. If I do get the tickets the portal one can be resold.

Aye, they're not cheap, but I'm not a season ticket holder nor do I travel to away games so the portal is my only real shot at getting tickets. Cat 1 tickets are actually the ones that will be in best supply as they refer to the main stands, cat 2 is the curves and the upper tier of the ends, cat 3 is the lower tier of the ends, so cheaper ones might be hard to come by.

Oh yeah sorry Spain should have been 5 points too with a better goal difference. My bad. I've changed my mind since then though I've decided that us and Italy will beat Spain 1-0 as Torres continues to be shit and David Villa gets injured leaving them actually a little sparce up front. They enjoy 70% possesion but fail to create any meaningful chances against dogged defending we and Italy nick our wins after laughable defending by Puyol, Croatia draw with Spain and lose to Italy. Italy top the group we come in second by drawing with Italy and Croatia 0-0.

C'MON THE FUCKING LADS!!!!!!!

Then we lose to g
Germany on penalties and the English snigger at us until they lose to Germany on Penalties in the next round.

Italy vs Germany in the final is the best football match since Italy vs Germany in the 2006 world cup.
Done.

This looks slightly more likely to happen now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16199037.stm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back