The talking about Liverpool FC thread. (2 Viewers)

couple of points...
why would they be mercenaries? i think that's an unfair generalisation. you would leave your job tomorrow if another employer not offered you silly money, and on top of that compensated your current employer handsomely. don't blame the players for the amount of money they earn.

secondly, to paraphrase the NRA, money doesn't buy players, managers do. Chelsea are the current epitome of this phenomena, and are full of payers who fit a system.

couple of points...
why would they be mercenaries? i think that's an unfair generalisation. you would leave your job tomorrow if another employer not offered you silly money, and on top of that compensated your current employer handsomely. don't blame the players for the amount of money they earn.

secondly, to paraphrase the NRA, money doesn't buy players, managers do. Chelsea are the current epitome of this phenomena, and are full of payers who fit a system.
sorry lads, i got distracted... anyway. yeah. mercenaries... like who is what i wanna know. if rafa had the dosh this year instead of pennant we would have gotten daniel alves, who moanrinho is now into. money doens't gaurentee success, as we know, and i'd be afeared that you'd end up like chelsea with no youngsters coming thru. but liverpool have something that chelsea don't.. tradition. one that's not based on cracking the icf skulls twice a season anyway. the rich history, the famous european nights...etc.

if anything mercenary footballers won't join liverpool cos it's in liverpool...

anyway, we need to keep up, or we'll be lost. it's already happening. although winning the european cup with igor biscan and djimi traore in the squad proves it's not just about the money...

anyway, if we get suddenly minted... DON'T sack the manager. rafa has his feet on the ground.

liverpool big club for donkeys years. chelsea still arent a big club.
this takeover should piss them the fuck off. hooray!

Thing about these Dubai types is they are businessment first and foremost, they're not Russian del boys who managed to get their grubby hands on state companies of r apittance and are now pissing it up against a wall down Fulham way.

They'll spend, but with the aim of making money on their investment.

Football is crap anyway. They're all shite. Man U winning the Prem and strolling through Europe and Gary frigging Neville is captain and Ginger Beard (who hasn't had a good game in about a year) is one of the greatest players ever. Football is over-hyped, not much fun to watch etc etc. They say the Premiership is crap, but they don't seem to have much better on mainland Europe.

There's only about 5 or 10 years left in the planet anyway with the rate we're using up resources, so we won't have to watch this shite for too much longer anyway.

There's only about 5 or 10 years left in the planet anyway with the rate we're using up resources, so we won't have to watch this shite for too much longer anyway.

Fuck that shit.

Spurs better win the Premiership before then or there'll be war.

End of days? Me bollix, wait until I get me hands on them.

Thing about these Dubai types is they are businessment first and foremost, they're not Russian del boys who managed to get their grubby hands on state companies of r apittance and are now pissing it up against a wall down Fulham way.

thats the thing. what had chelsea before Roman? not a whole pile. liverpool on the other hand had been tipped to challenge chavski for the title this year meaning that the current team was thought capable of doing so, which in turns has me reckoning that their wont be a wholesale buy and sell of players like chavski have done.

what they should do is get a couple of big signings in. starting with ronaldinho :D

the face on carra gold when he scored against fulham and the cheer he got. things like that shows why football is special.

the face on carra gold when he scored against fulham and the cheer he got. things like that shows why football is special.
yeah, nothing like seeing some millionaires enjoying themselves. that's why i loved mark bosnich's home videos.

on a serrs note, not bad, eh? i've seen livepool all over opposition in that way before and get not much from the game... kuyt works so hard, but he didn't have his scoring boots on yesterday. fowler came on and in ten minutes had so much deftness about him. i think it's time robbie got a chance. our strikers should be about goals, not just work. gonzo looks like he's settling in, better performance from pennant, garcia tho... fucks sake. what a chimp. but what a goal.

if, and when, rafa get's his dosh he needs:
a rightback to give steve a rest
a striker good for a load of goals. i'd like huntelaar or torres (just cos he's a spick like)
a two footed winger. maybe that alves chap they were after.
some body who can take a free kick and deliver a corner. 13 corners yesterday, only on of them were decent.
centre back cover.. thanks for the memories, sami, but the dagger has your place, and there's young paletta who looks ok, but i'd like a journeyman dutch or norwegian type lad just to bolster. if carra got injured...shudder.

i'll send rafa my championship manager team that won 7 consecutive titles. he's get some ideas from it.

yeah, nothing like seeing some millionaires enjoying themselves. that's why i loved mark bosnich's home videos.

quote]

:rolleyes:

bet you were saying the same when carra was hobbling around a pitch in istanbul with two busted groins and still managing to keep sheva out.

quote]

bet you were saying the same when carra was hobbling around a pitch in istanbul with two busted groins and still managing to keep sheva out.
ah sheva's shite, as we've already discussed....
carra was good on sat, again. himself, finnan, alonso and gerrard seem to be playing well again, thank god. took a bleedin while tho.

quote]

Here trev, take a dollop of Tipperary rep for praising the great man....|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back